Buffalo Chicken Risotto with Celery and Blue Cheese
4 servings (5 cups)

Here you go-------

For the Brodo, simmer in a saucepan over med. heat:

4 1/2 C low sodium chicken broth
3/4C hot sauce such as Frank's or crystal
2T honey
1T worcestershire sauce

For the risotto, sweat in a large saute pan until vegis are tender and rice is coated in butter:

1/2C minced celery
1/2C minced onion
2T unsalted butter
1C dry arborio rice

Deglaze:
1/2 cup lager beer, hot

Stir in:
2 cups chopped cooked chicken

Garnish with:
chopped celelry
blue cheese crumbles
Purchased blue cheese dressing

Deglaze thee pan with 1/2 C lager beer, hot. Stir until completely absorbed-1 to 2 min. Add hot brodo to pan in 1/2C increments; simmer until each addition is absorbed almost completely before adding the next addition, about 45 minutes total. Stir in 2C cooked chopped chicken and heat thru.

Garnish each serving with chopped celery, blu cheese crumbles and purchased blu cheese dressing.

*C@H note: This will be hot, if you're sensitive to spice pull back on the hot sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 3/25/11 NEW DATE*** cjs Bill has chosen [br]...
oh my, this sounds wonderful! I cannot wait to try it, though it will be at least a week. I am glad we have plenty of time until the review.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Geez, I'm jealous that Bill has a palate to try a bunch of new tastes! Good for you!! And Wifey!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 4/4/11 BarbaraS Geez, I'm jealous th...
Oh this sounds yummy
I can't wait to try this. I also just got some great blue cheese at the grocery store. They have started to sell chunks of cheese from their cheese department for .99 cents when it is about to expire.

Good for me!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 4/4/11 luvnit I can't wait to try ...
We're going to do this for Thursday dinner (my birthday!). I won't report until the 4th!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 4/4/11 Old Bay We're going to do th...
Having made this, I'll be anxious to see what everyone thinks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 4/4/11 Gourmet_Mom Having made this, I'...
Well, now, maybe we'll just make this Thursday also - in your honor, Mr. Bill!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 4/4/11 cjs Well, now, maybe we'...
Hmm We just might have to do this. Nothing I love more that buffalo anything!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 4/4/11 Harborwitch Hmm We just might ha...
Same here, Sharon. The problem is that so many non-wing, "Buffalo" recipes, although very tasty, don't really taste like Buffalo WINGS. I can't tell you how many "Buffalo-chicken sandwiches" I've had that were not even close. In fact, the only one that was spot on didn't even use the word "Buffalo" anywhere in the title or description - it was a sandwich from Orlando Ale House chain called "Big Red," and it totally rocked where none of the ones that used "Buffalo" in their names could measure up. I hope this one will reverse the trend, but I know I'll probably still love it, anyway.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
OldBay's B'day Dinner - Review 3/25/11 NEW DATE***