I just opened a box of white chocolate that is marked 'best used by 21 Nov 2010 - I don't use it very often, as you can tell. Looks, like I'd better use the other 4 squares pretty soon.

Anyone have tried and true ideas for white choclate?? Sweet or savory uses welcome. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

White Chocolate Ideas Needed cjs I just opened a box ...
Mashed potatoes They are just so yummy

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed DFen911 Mashed potatoes [img...
been there, done that. something new?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed cjs been there, done tha...
I have no idea. The only thing I've ever done with it is dipping pretzels.

Did you see Iron Chef America last night? The secret ingredient was Mexican chocolate. It was a really good show. If I remember correctly, both chefs used white chocolate in a savory application. Plus, the Mexican chocolate dishes may give you some ideas to spring off of. You may want to check it out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed Gourmet_Mom I have no idea. The...
Glad you didn't say who won!!! We taped it - I love Garces.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed DFen911 Mashed potatoes [img...
Quote:

Mashed potatoes They are just so yummy

How'd I miss this one? Mashed potatoes and white chocolate aren't foods I crave, but they're my best friend's two favorite foods! Is there a recipe around somewhere?

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed karyn [blockquote]Quote:[h...
"Glad you didn't say who won!!!" I'm trying to learn...LOL! I think I've got that one down pat! I will say one thing. It was VERY good and a VERY close one! Watch it soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed Gourmet_Mom "Glad you didn't say...
Cr@p - missed it! Oh, Grammy's
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed Harborwitch [url=mailto:Cr@p]Cr@...
Only attempt the following if what you have is REAL white chocolate, NOT, for example, "Nestle's Premium White Baking Squares" (which are fractionated palm-kernel oil, NOT white chocolate).

• White Chocolate Banana Cream Pies
  • Melt 1 lb white chocolate with 12 oz. peanut butter, pour into a wax-paper-lined cookie sheet, melt 1 lb dark chocolate, pour into first mixture, swirl with flat side of table knife, chill in fridge until set, break or cut, serve. Result: "Tiger Butter."
  • Do just the first step of the Tiger Butter, keep it melted and use it as a dip for fresh popcorn.
  • White Chocolate Mousse
  • White Chocolate Ice Cream
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: White Chocolate Ideas Needed labradors Only attempt the fol...
I made sheet pans of cake, crumbled it, mixed it with white chocolate, rolled it into balls, coated with more white chocolate, stuck lollipop sticks into them. Too sweet for me, but folks loved them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
White Chocolate Ideas Needed