O.K., I have not business being online, been enjoying Apache Junction with the neighbors.....but, I found coconut flour at Sprouts Farmers Market today and it smells like we jhould just dip our fingers in it. I've googled a couple of ideas, but I'll look again in the morning.

Boy, did I find some goodie. I'll be back in the a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Coconut Flour cjs O.K., I have not bus...
I've never heard of such a thing. While I hate shredded coconut, I love the flavor. I wonder how it would be used to bread pork chops or chicken?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Coconut Flour Gourmet_Mom I've never heard of ...
How about bread or cookies or pancakes/waffles with a mango chutney.
  Re: Coconut Flour Gourmet_Mom I've never heard of ...
Cooking Light has a recipe for coconut pancakes which uses this flour. I would post a link, but I'm uploading photos and my computer is even slower than usual...

Done with photos for now, and have been thinking about these:
Coconut Pancakes w/ Orange Mango Compote
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0001591061
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Coconut Flour foodfiend Cooking Light has a ...
Absolutely, cookies. Just think of that one type of cookie in the tin of Danish butter cookies - the one with the coconut flavour.

I imagine it would be great in a pie crust, as well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Coconut Flour labradors Absolutely, cookies....
Sorry about the above post (I did warn people I had no business being on.... ).

I have a lb. of this flour, so have plenty to work with - I just can't get over how wonderful it smells.

Also, I found at Sprouts other goodies to play with in the trailer -
a pkg. of Sukhi's Gourmet Indian Food - Vindaloo Curry Sauce. In the instructions is says to serve with Naan or over rice with 'Sukhi's' chutney (which I found also-Mango chutney) This should be an easy way for interesting dinners without buying all the ingredients for it from scratch. Just hope it's tasty!

Yanni Grilling Cheese - it only says on pkg. whole milk cheese and can be "Grilled, BBQ or PanFry." probably like a haloumi.

Boar's Head Smoked Butterkase cheese (Hickory Smoked German-Style Slicing Cheese)

AND, are you ready for this?? McCormick's Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade.Just add oil, water, and vinegar. How easy is that.

I had fun at Sprouts, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Coconut Flour cjs Sorry about the abov...
Played with the flour today, but even tho the things I made were delicious, the cheddar cheese and p.nut butter overpowered the flour flavor. Back to the drawing board and do something like pancakes or such.

Cheese Biscuits - oh my, these are tasty little goodies.
[Image: CIMG0259.jpg]

and the peanut butter muffins are tasty also.
[Image: CIMG0261.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Coconut Flour cjs Played with the flou...
And you say you're not a baker....great pics, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Coconut Flour Gourmet_Mom And you say you're n...
Try something like this, instead: Use the coconut flour to make thumb-print cookies. Next, in a saucepan, heat up some pineapple jam and some rum just enough for it all to mix together, then chill it so it's not runny. Use that to top each cookie and bake them.

PiƱa-Colada Thumb Prints!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Coconut Flour labradors Try something like t...
sounds good, Labs.

"And you say you're not a baker" I follow directions pretty 'good'
www.achefsjourney.com
Coconut Flour