What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Haven't got a clue here yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? cjs What's on everyone's...
Switching up our Sunday tradition slightly. My friend is hosting today. Her/our exchange student's mother and brother are visiting from Brazil and they are planning an all Brazilian dinner! The mom runs a butcher shop at home. Couldn't find any Brazilian wine locally for us to bring. Settled from some Chilean wine instead. Looking forward to it!

So today, instead I'll make the two cakes I need to take to my sisters for Christmas eve.

Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? HomeCulinarian Switching up our Sun...
I'm looking forward to hearing about the Brazilian dinner, Jeannette. It sounds fun.

We're going for a ride with some friends (gotta try out the new heatgear) and then over to their house for short ribs and potatoes. Should be fun, but since the high for today is 47, I hope the heated jacket liner is as good as I've heard!
  Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? HomeCulinarian Switching up our Sun...
Leftover rotisseried turkey. OMG, that turned out good! Don't think I'll ever roast a turkey again. We made up food saver bags for the girls and ourselves with the lo/s, then promptly put the frame and bones in a pot for stock.

Today, I'll make homemade noodles to cook in that stock and Ron will be a very happy man!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? Mare749 Leftover rotisseried...
We have to bring a big dish of baked ziti to my sister's house on Christmas so today Tony will make up a big batch of meat sauce for it and we will then just have spaghetti tonight.

Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? Trixxee We have to bring a b...
I'm searching for inspiration here. I think I may have some mozzarella in the fridge and that baked ziti sounds awefully good. I just can't decide on anything.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? cjs What's on everyone's...
No idea. Power is back on yea! Steve will be home on day 7 of his 4 day trip - but I don't know what time yet. Double Yea!! Sounds like a day to celebrate. Better get thinking on it. Homemade spaghetti does sound good - not fancy but can be eaten anytime when all are home safe and sound. Guess that is the way I am leaning - just wish I had mushrooms.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? esgunn No idea. Power is b...
"Power is back on yea!" YEA! I'm guessing you're in the middle of a snow storm?

"Steve will be home on day 7 of his 4 day trip" Huh?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? Gourmet_Mom "Power is back on ye...
No Snow. We had a big windstorm Friday night/Early Saturday. Power went out at 3:30am. I was supposed to be hosting a Christmas brunch for my sisters and some of my neices and nephews. We had to change the location to one of my Sisters houses. 60 to 70 miles an hour gusts. One of our trees on our property came down blocking the road and took out our neighbors fence. Luckily another neighbor was able to cut it enough to get it off the road. Steve and I have a big project ahead of us this week.

Day 7 of a 4 day trip- He was supposed to be home last thursday, but the plane broke in Germany and then he still had to finish his mission once it was fixed. The trip was supposed to be 4 days Mon - Thur. But he will finally get home tonight (7 days).
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu? esgunn No idea. Power is b...
Just got off the phone with my sis in Scotland. They've got 8" of snow on the ground, it was snowing as we spoke, and the temps are going below zero for the night. She's supposed to fly over the pond next Tuesday, but as of last Friday, Heathrow was letting only certain flights out. Highly unusual weather they're having!

Italian here - just finishing up a fresh batch of meatballs.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Sunday Dinner, What's on the Menu?