Here's my adapted recipe for the Momofuku Blueberries and Cream Cookies. I understand there is a video on the MS site showing Christina Tosi making the originals, but I have not seen it. The original recipe can also be found on Epi, but it is slightly different. The MS version was more appealing to me, so that is what I adapted. The one below was scaled, but I plan on making a double batch next time as they are even better after being frozen. Recipe uses kosher salt, cut salt in half if using table salt. Glucose (Wilton's) can be found at Michael's, or other cake-decorating place or online. You can substitute light corn syrup but the results will be different.

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

APRICOT AND CREAM COOKIES*****

Original recipe uses dried blueberries and is great, the apricots take it over the top. For other changes, the original can be found on the source link. Milk crumbs must be fully made before cookie recipe is started.

Servings: 16 Yield: 32 cookies (using a #40 disher)

Oven Temperature: 375°F

16 serving MILK CRUMBS MS (1 cup)
1½ cups white whole wheat flour (KAF) (213 g)
1½ cups all-purpose flour (180 g.)
3/8 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
2½ tsp. kosher salt (Diamond)
10 oz. Plugrá European-style unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar (C&H)
3/4 cup Light-brown sugar packed (used TJ's golden Brown)
1/2 cup glucose 6 oz.
1 extra large egg
1 cup diced dried apricots (190 g) (TJ's Blenheim extra choice,yellow)

Make MILK CRUMBS if not already on hand.

Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together butter, sugars, and glucose until well combined. Add egg and mix until well combined.

Add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Add apricots and milk crumbs and mix until well combined. Using a #40 disher, scoop dough into balls and place about 1½ inches apart on prepared baking sheets (16 per cookies sheet). Or can try a #50 spacing them 1" apart. Transfer baking sheets to refrigerator until dough is chilled, at least 15 minutes but better for an hour or more.

Preheat oven to 375°F. Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake, rotating pans halfway through baking, until cookies are golden brown and tops begin to crackle, about 11 minutes, (check at 9 minutes for the smaller cookies.) Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Will keep beautifully for several days in an airtight container. Can also be frozen and will be even better.

Preparation Time: 19 minutes Cooking Time: 11 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes

Source: Adapted from the Momofuku Blueberry and Cream Cookies on Martha Stewart's Website.
Web Site: <a href="http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/blueberries-and-cream-cookies" >http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/blueberries-and-cream-cookies </a>

Recipe Type: Cookies, Desserts, Dried Blueberries, Martha Stewart, Momofuku

and this are the MILK CRUMB proportions I used:

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

MILK CRUMBS MS

Servings: 16 Yield: 1 cup

Oven Temperature: 225°F

10 TBS. nonfat milk powder divided
4 TBS. all-purpose flour
2 TBS. cornstarch
3 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
3 TBS. unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate bar, melted (60 g.)

Preheat oven to 225° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together 5 TBS. milk powder, flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake until dried and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove milk crumble from oven and let cool completely.

Transfer milk crumble to a large bowl and fold in remaining 5 TBS. milk powder and white chocolate. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and keep refrigerated until ready to use.

Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour

Source: Adapted from Momofuku Milk Bar recipe at Martha Stewart's Website.
Web Site:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/milk-crumbs

APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES Cubangirl Here's my adapted re...
Thank you - I hope to make these this week end for our cookie making party.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES mjkcooking Thank you - I hope ...
don't those sound good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES cjs don't those sound go...
I have everything for these. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES Lorraine I have everything fo...
What an interesting recipe! Thanks for posting all of this, Alina. It sounds a little challenging, but at the same time mouth-watering. Copied and saved.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES Mare749 What an interesting ...
Sounds good, Alina! I'll run this one by the family with the other ideas and let them pick a few. I won't get to cookies until next weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES Mare749 What an interesting ...
The recipe is not hard at all. The milk crumbs can be made ahead and refrigerated. There is nothing to making them. I melted the butter in a 4 cup measuring cup in the microwave and then added the rest of the ingredients. Put it on a sheet pan with parchment, didn't wash the cup. When it came out, I put it back in the cup added the rest and put it in the fridge until needed. The hardest part was cutting the apricots into small piece. I used my kitchen scissors for that. I weighed them so now, I can weigh them whole and cut away. It does not matter how long they sit in the fridge between rolling and baking. I rolled them in raw sugar, but you can use powdered or none at all and I think they would still be good. Enjoy.

PS, I used the parchment from the milk crumbs to bake the cookies, just turned it over.

Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES Cubangirl The recipe is not ha...
I made this again this time used apricots and TJ's orange/cranberries. Both much better than the original blueberries. I did a scaled up batch to use 15 oz. of butter and use the combo of white whole wheat and ap flour (270 g of each). Baked them at 350 convection bake, two big trays at a time. They are even better than the first time. BTW, the batch I had frozen were as good if not better than the day made. I also made them smaller used a #50 scoop and let the formed balls rest in the fridge overnight (stacked the 3 sheets using a small can in the middle to hold them up and keep them off the cookies.) I really had 4 sheets worth but only own 3 so I really filled them to cool, then separated them to bake. I rinsed the sheets with cold water to cool them before baking the next batch. Anyway I have 20 of each in the freezer now, and made 5 plates to give to hair dresser, massage therapist, etc. I took a picture which I will try to add so you can see how they look. I am out of the good butter, but am thinking this might make the best chocolate chip cookie ever. Might try that after Christmas.
Here's a picture: [Image: Cookietray72010.jpg]

Re: APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES Cubangirl I made this again th...
YUM! I'm baking mine now! I'm doing Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip, Meyer Lemon Ricotta, Jean's Biscotti Cookies, Your Nutella Cookies, and Pretzel Rods dipped in White Chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
APRICOT (OR BLUEBERRIES) AND CREAM COOKIES