Roast Pork Loin with Cherry Stuffing - Review
  Re: (...)
From Jean: Absolutely, two thumbs up, with snaps!!

The way I made it tonight: Ouch! But I have notes, so read on.

First of all, Jean, thank you so much for this recipe. It's a keeper and my MIL, BIL, Hubby was gracious enough to thank me for it.

The stuffing was delish with the dried cherries. I use one of those "four packs" of wines for cooking purposes because they measure up to 1 cup each, so with the leftover chardonnay, I just "freshened up" the pan sauce with the rest of the chardonnay and didn't cook off the taste.

My mistakes were HUGE. I had a 2 lb roast. Butchered it a bit in my first try of butterflying it. (Note: patience IS a virtue) But being a bit clever in tying it up, I concealed most of my mistakes.

My biggest mistake was overcooking it. The inside was cooked to 165 degrees, but because of the lesser weight, it cooked to a drier outer skin, which didn't help in the carving. (Note to Santa: need really nice carving knife or you need to sharpen the *blech* I have) My personal note is that if presentation is "The Thing" in slicing a roast, the outer skin needs to be moister so as not to tear the stuffed slices apart.

So I would propose a lower temp after the 425 degree sear on the two side part. Perhaps 300/325?

But without all my mistakes, this recipe is definitely a keeper and the cherry sauce is super!

Thanks Jean!!

Barbara

[EDIT]Also, you may not want to stale the stuffing bread before using it. I staled the bread cubes over night and needed to moistened it with a bit of broth. I also learned not to use a bread with too much crust to it in other words, a good white country bread works wonders[/EDIT]
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Roast Pork Loin with Cherry Stuffing - Review by BarbaraS (From Jean: Absolutel...)
"16. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes, or, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached."

I apologize profusely - you can tell this is an old recipe!!! I've never updated it and no way in h*ll do we still cook pork until it is this dead!

I can't remember where I got the recipe in the first place, but I never cook/roast pork more than 145° F.

I'm so sorry it was so overdone, but glad that you enjoyed the flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roast Pork Loin with Cherry Stuffing - Review by cjs ("16. Reduce oven tem...)
Duly noted Dear!

You can tell how many times I've done a pork roast!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.