OT - Our Summer
  Re: (...)
So I mentioned in another thread that Steve is leaving for 120 days. Right now we think it will be April 30th that he leaves. He will be gone all summer. I think my mom will be coming up to help me out some. She will hopefully be staying in our rental. Our tenants for the last 5 years are buying a house (Keeping fingers crossed) and are moving out. The timing works great (keeping fingers crossed). He will be in Qatar on the persian gulf. He will be in running the command center for all the flights into and out of that general area over there. Not a flying job. The base is not great. Summers are around 120 degrees. But this is what we signed up for, we can get through it.

I am pretty stressed right now. This will be a long, lonely summer for me. And for him. Hard for him to be away from the kids for so long. I just hope we can all stay positive.

We are practicing with Skype and hope to stay in touch that way.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: OT - Our Summer by esgunn (So I mentioned in an...)
Erin, we'll be in and out of your area thru the spring and summer (visiting farmers mkts), so we'll stop in and have a sandwich picnic with you and the kids.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by cjs (Erin, we'll be in an...)
Wow Erin you guys are like my hero's! What Steve does for us, and what you all have to endure, it just brings tears to my eyes. So let me say Thank You.

I so wish we lived closer up there so we could come by or have you come down.

Skype is wonderful! Even just using instant messaging is a huge help.

What about taking the kids on a road trip?
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by DFen911 (Wow Erin you guys ar...)
What about taking the kids on a road trip? - Yes, to Port Angeles, first!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by DFen911 (Wow Erin you guys ar...)
Quote:

Wow Erin you guys are like my hero's! What Steve does for us, and what you all have to endure, it just brings tears to my eyes. So let me say Thank You.

Denise could not have said it better. I think we tend to forget what others AND their family endure for the rest of us. My heart goes out to you, your kids and your husband.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What a family!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

I have to echo Denise and Laura, and Jean!!! It's families like yours that make this Country great.

I wish we were closer - we'd come cheer you up!

Denise could not have said it better. I think we tend to forget what others AND their family endure for the rest of us. My heart goes out to you, your kids and your husband.

[/blockquote]
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ditto!
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by HomeCulinarian (Ditto!...)
Erin, you are one of the bravest people I know! I hope you can plan some great things to do this summer and be able to share them long distance with Steve. I will put my mind to it and see if I can come up with some ideas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - Our Summer by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, you are one of...)

Erin

We would love to see you all again - le'ts plan an outing with

Jean and Roy - we could all meet up and enjoy the company and

get to visit.

Anyone else in area? Come on up or over this could be fun.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.