Another Find at Trader Joe's!!
  Re: (...)
Picked up a bottle of Mosen Cleto, Crianza 2009 at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago and had it last night. What a delightful wine. But, I forgot to mark the price - but, it was very inexpensive.

http://www.tmarchettico.com/Mosen_Cleto_ST.pdf

"... in a unique sandy package that reflects a well-cellared wine." The packaging is what caught my eye!

I was testing (hang on to your hats here... ) Spam Burritos and decided to have it with them. Wonderful combination. so, next time you have spam burritos....
(by the way the dish freezes well, in fact Roy said he liked it better as leftovers than the first night, 'cause the tortillas were a little crisp.)

Grape Varieties:
75% Garnacha (30+ yr. old vines)
25% Tempranillo (20+ yr. old vines)

Love the blend!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Another Find at Trader Joe's!! by cjs (Picked up a bottle o...)
I swear, if I make it back to Charlotte...make that, WHEN I make it back to Charlotte, I'm going to get a permit to purchase and transport alcohol. The head of the local ABC board is enamored with my car. I got into a conversation about it one day and he said the only draw back would be when he made a run to Charlotte to take his wife shopping and make a stop at Trader Joe's....his cases of wine wouldn't fit! He then regaled me with the deals he had enjoyed.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Another Find at Trader Joe's!! by cjs (Picked up a bottle o...)
O.K.--Give us the recipe for Spam Burritos.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Another Find at Trader Joe's!! by Old Bay (O.K.--Give us the re...)
It's on its way, Mr. Bill!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com