Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza
  Re: (...)
A few days ago Maryann sent me a dessert pizza recipe that a friend of hers had made and it just sounded so good, I had to play with it also.

Bernadette had used raspberry preserves on hers and I did also on the first one I made, but the 2nd one (today) I didn't have anymore, so I used BlackCurrant jam and I like it better - currants are a little tarter than the raspberry preserves I used and it was wonderful!

Bernadette’s Raspberry Chocolate Pizza

Maryann’s friend, Bernadette is responsible for this wonderful dessert pizza.

1 pizza dough, 8 to 10 oz. (1/3 of a batch of Sourdough)
7 oz. box Almond paste
8 T. (1 stick) butter, melted
3 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 T. flour
1 cup fruit preserves (black raspberry, blackcurrent, your choice)
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 to 1 cup fresh raspberries, for garnish

Preheat oven to 450°F.

Grate the almond paste on large hole sides of a grater. Add the paste, butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour to a bowl of a processor. Mix until well blended. Set aside

Roll out pizza dough on a floured work surface to a 9 1/2" X 13 1/2” rectangle (the dough will be very thin). With a fork, dock the surface of the pizza to within 1/2” of the edge.

On a baking sheet, sprinkle cornmeal and carefully lay out the pizza dough onto the sheet. Bake for 7 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is just beginning to get color; remove from oven and quickly drop dollops of the almond paste mixture on the crust. As it melts spread with a spatula until the crust is entirely covered with the melting paste.

[Image: BernadettesPizza.jpg]

With a spatula spread the preserves on top of the almond paste spreading to 1/2" of the edges.

[Image: BernadettesPizza1.jpg]

Return to oven for 6 minutes or until the crust is brown and the topping is bubbling. Immediately on removing from the oven, sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the ‘pizza.’

[Image: BernadettesPizza2.jpg]

Allow to set up for 5 to 8 minutes and sprinkle with fresh raspberries if desired.

[Image: BernadettesPizza3.jpg]

Gonna have to work on presentation next time. This is so darn good!! Thanks Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by cjs (A few days ago Marya...)
I've been wondering what to do with all the almond paste we have. Thank you Bernadette, Maryann, and Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by Lorraine (I've been wondering ...)
You had me with that layer of almond paste. Oh my, Maryann needs a spanking for sharing this one and Jean......well you are always tempting me with darn photos of stuff I cannot resist. I am really tempted to go with dark chocolate though.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by chef_Tab (You had me with that...)
Oh Theresa, if you do that, please let me know how it turns out - there is a volume II of the pizza book in the future, I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by cjs (Oh Theresa, if you d...)
I'm so glad you liked it Jean. I like your idea for the currant jam better, I think. This just sounded a bit too sweet for my taste and I like sweets. Using dark chocolate with the rasberry might be better since it's not quite as sweet as white. Will definately have to be trying this one in the future.

Jean, have you tried making pizza with cinnamon and sugar like a cinnamon roll? That might be good with the white chips and maybe even some raisins.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by Mare749 (I'm so glad you like...)
STOP MARYANN!!!!!! I have two more books before Pizza Volume TWO!

(sigh, idea is copied)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by cjs (STOP MARYANN!!!!!! [...)
I just decided that fresh blueberries might be better. Might have to experiment with that myself.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by Mare749 (I just decided that ...)
Yes, blueberry preserves and fresh blueberries on top - I had frozen blueberries and almost grabbed those before I found the black currant.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by cjs (Yes, blueberry prese...)
well, I picked up the stuff to make this. I chose elderberry preserves because I did not see black currant and agree about some of the others being too sweet. I also got strawberries simply because hubby does not like raspberries. Hopefully I will get this made tomorrow so I can pawn half of it on the neighbors. I do wish I had thought about blueberries, that is hubbies favorite. Although, now I am thinking about adding pineapple and banana to the strawberries and making it like a banana split........That's it, Maryann, you are in big trouble!!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Bernadette's Raspberry (?) Chocolate Pizza by chef_Tab (well, I picked up th...)
Oh My, Theresa - a banana split dessert pizza! I love it - I so hope you do it and I'm going to do it also.

Geez, lots of desserts the last week or so. I'd better think about going to live with Jeanette for a couple weeks and be good!
www.achefsjourney.com