Played & Drank the Afternoon Away!
  Re: (...)
Since dinner was in the slow cooker and the salad was already made, what to do, but drink and cook.

Roy made Brendaritas and I played with guacamole with goat cheese. I love that combination!

Made one that is just a dip -
2 oz. goat cheese
2 avocados
1 Serrano or jalapeno
1 1/2 T. cilantro
1 T. roasted garlic
Juice from 1 lime
S&P

I put it all in the processor, but next time I think I'll just mush everything up - we like a little more texture.

2nd one -
This is a B.A. recipe from 1994 - supposed to be served as tostados on a plate, but I had some tostitos (the cup things) so we just used those as an appie.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken and Black-Bean Guacamole Tostadas

1 large ripe avocado -- peeled, pitted
4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2/3 cup canned black beans -- rinsed, drained
2 green onions -- chopped
Hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
-----
2 cooked chicken breast halves -- shredded (about 1 3/4 cups)
-----
1 tomato -- seeded, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Lime juice
-----
4 purchased tostada shells (crisp corn tortillas)
2 cups shredded lettuce
2/3 cup crumbled mild goat cheese (such as Montrachet) or feta cheese
Purchased salsa

Place avocado in medium bowl. Add lime juice and mash until almost smooth. Mix in beans and green onions. Season guacamole to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper.

Combine shredded chicken, tomato, cilantro and cumin in small bowl. Season chicken mixture to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.

Arrange tostada shells on plates. Top with lettuce, guacamole and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Spoon salsa over and serve.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

three brendaritas later, we almost said, "What dinner?"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Played & Drank the Afternoon Away! by cjs (Since dinner was in ...)
Don't you just love those kind of afternoons? The recipes sound good too. Saw a show the other night, might have been Diners, Drive/dives. Guy was in Cleveland and the chef was making different types of guac dip. The one that caught my eye was made with smoked trout. He also made one with cheese like yours, but I can't remember what type of cheese he used. Very popular with the customers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Played & Drank the Afternoon Away! by Mare749 (Don't you just love ...)
it was goat cheese, Maryann - I watched that also and kept the tape of it. I want to copy down more of the ideas from the show. Goat cheese guac is everywhere nowadays!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Played & Drank the Afternoon Away! by cjs (it was goat cheese, ...)
Those sound good, Jean! So do the Brendaritas!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Played & Drank the Afternoon Away! by Gourmet_Mom (Those sound good, Je...)
this was what we had yesterday - I forgot I'd taken a picture - and it's in focus....I sure wasn't!
[Image: ChixBBGuac.jpg]

...and then, this is what we had for breakfast - Chicken & Black Bean Guacamole tostados. oh boy, were they ever good leftovers!

[Image: ChixBBToastadas.jpg]

This is going to be a fun day...... the Hypnotiq is out on the counter..........

Oh my, just caught a glimpse of Roy Rogers stomach...better be good come Monday!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Played & Drank the Afternoon Away! by cjs (this was what we had...)
Those dishes sure look good, Jean. Thanks for sharing the pix! Now I really have a taste for both of them.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Played & Drank the Afternoon Away! by Mare749 (Those dishes sure lo...)
Oh, my! Don't those look good!!! I may have to pick up a bag of avocados at Sam's next week!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.