Deviled Egg Ideas
  Re: (...)
When we were at the Wisconsin Dells for Thanksgiving. They had a large buffet with several different themes. One was a Deviled Egg Bar which had many types of fillings for the eggs. My favorite was a

Here are some other ideas for deviled eggs, to use up some of your hard-boiled egg surplus.

Spicy Hummus Deviled Egg Filling – 3 hard-boiled egg yolks, 2 teaspoons prepared hummus, 2 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish (fresh ground not creamy) and the tiniest bit of freshly ground black pepper to taste (plus more to garnish).

Blue Cheese ‘n’ Chive Deviled Egg Filling - 3 hard-boiled egg yolks, 1 teaspoon packed Blue cheese, 3 teaspoons sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon chives (plus more to garnish).

Kickin’ Garden Deviled Egg Filling – 3 hard-boiled egg yolks, 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon finely minced red onion, 1 teaspoon finely minced red pepper, 1 teaspoon finely minced celery (plus more to garnish), 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard and 2 dashes of Tabasco.

Capers & Tarragon Deviled Egg Filling - 3 hard-boiled egg yolks, 1/2 teaspoon capers (lightly drained), 1/4 teaspoon tarragon (plus more to garnish), 2 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard.

Mix fillings in individual bowls or ramekins and pipe or spoon into hard-boiled egg whites. Cover and refrigerate until serving.

[Image: tour-de-deviled-eggs-5bb.jpg]

Link to recipes: Tour de Deviled Eggs
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by luvnit (When we were at the ...)
Nice ideas, Laura. I like adding a bit of wasabi to mine.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by luvnit (When we were at the ...)
I love playing with different fillings for eggs - great idea using hummus, have not tried that...yet. sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by cjs (I love playing with ...)
The capers and tarragon egg sounds good! I may have to try that one. Anyone else have any different deviled egg ideas?
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by Vanquisher (The capers and tarra...)
How about chipotle?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by Vanquisher (The capers and tarra...)
ask and you shall receive, Heidi -
* Exported from MasterCook *

DEVILED MICE

8 Eggs
4 1/2 T. Mayonnaise
6 large Letuce leaves
16 Pimento stuffed olives
1 T. Chocolate sprinkles
-----TOOLS-----
1 large Saucepan -- a Knife, a Bowl, a Fork, 64 Toothpicks, and a Platter to put your mice on.

Gently place the eggs in a saucepan and fill it with water until the eggs are just covered. With an adult's help, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Turn the heat down to medium and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat and carefully drain off the oht water into the sink. Cover the eggs with cold water and set aside for five minutes.
Gently crack the eggs against a hard surface, then carefully peel off the shells.

Slice each egg in half lengthwise. With clean fingers, scoop out the yolks and put them in a small bowl.

Mash the yolks with a fork until they are crumbly. Add mayonnaise and blend.

Crefully fill the empty egg whites with yolk mixture.

Cover a platter with lettuce leaves, setting a leaf or two aside for garnish.

Arrange the egg halves, YOLK SIDE DOWN, on the leaves. These are your mice bodies.

To give them each eyes and a mose, pull the pimento out of an olive and cut it into three smal

With an adults help, cut thirty two thin, lengthwise strips from several of the
green olives. Stick two of these strips end to end onto the back end of the mouse to form the tail.

Out of the remaining olives, cut thirty two small triangular ear pieces.

To garnish: Tear small pieces of lettuce and position in front of the mice's mouths as if they have been noshing. As a final touch, heap a pile of mouse droppings (chocolate sprinkles) on the platter to re-create an authentically tidy mouse toilette. Serve

----
and, seriously - one of the below added to mayo, lemon juice, mustard, etc...
tarragon, shallots, lemon juice, cayenne, crab
touch of curry added to a filling is great
cheddar, cumin, cayenne
salmon, tartar, dill
cumin, capers, mustard,jalapeno, cilantro
pesto
ouzo, parsley, mint, black olives
deviled ham
roquefort dressing
tapenade
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by labradors (How about chipotle?...)
I love all these ideas! I have used curry and mango chutney as well. Thanks, Laura!
  Re: Re: Deviled Egg Ideas by (I love all these ide...)
Great ideas!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.