Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!!
  Re: (...)
Roy is threatening to buy those sun lights again, so guess I'm getting pretty bad -

We're getting out of here - can't take this crappy weather any longer. Haven't picked the day, but within the next week or two. We're heading straight south and on the way down, we're not stopping anywhere until we get to sun! (Not even to see our cute little great-grandsons )

On our way back, that's when we'll plan to stop. AND, I want to start with Denise & Trixxee. So, hopefully we can work out something. There's no one else in the area, is there?

We're thinking we'll take XXX amount of $$$$ and we'll go until we spend half and then we'll start back up north. So, have no ideas just how far we'll get.

I am so looking forward to this trip!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by cjs (Roy is threatening t...)
OH, I am sure that you and Roy are going to have a splendiferous time!!! That sounds like such a great time and the food journey that you will be going on. Everytime I think about you I think about the photo that you posted (I think it was right after I came on this forum) that was a shot from your window looking over the Bay - it was just so beautiful!! Have a great time and Bon Voyage!!!
  Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by cjs (Roy is threatening t...)
I feel so bad for all you other coasters. We have high thin clouds, sunshine on sparkling bright snow. Of course it's a little "crisp" outside - but we've got sun!

Now, when is Gertie heading east????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by Harborwitch (I feel so bad for al...)
Load that Baby up and be on the Road - We just about had it with the

dark clouds and rain too.

Have a fun fun time -

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by mjkcooking (Load that Baby up an...)
Sounds like a great plan. Especially after Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. The best part is that you will share your adventures with us so we can live vicariously through you. I can't wait to hear about your visit with Denise!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by chef_Tab (Sounds like a great ...)
I wish she'd hurry and get on here and say yae or nay...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by cjs (I wish she'd hurry a...)
Oh, I LOVE IT! NO destination, no time limit! Now THAT'S a VACATION! Hopefully, one day!

Sharon, I'm thinking an eastern jaunt won't happen until it's warmer, but I sure wish they'd hurry up!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I LOVE IT! NO d...)
I agree, Daphne! What a wonderful vacation. Have a great big sunny time, Jean!
Jan (aka Half Baked)
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by Ennui (I agree, Daphne! Wh...)
Jean what day do you think you'll be down? You can stay in Laura's room. If you can stand teenager decor hahaha

Oh gosh I'm getting so excited!!
  Re: Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! by DFen911 (Jean what day do you...)
Now that's my kind of holiday! Have fun!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.