Garlic Shrimp (Williams Sonoma, modified)
  Re: (...)
Easy, quick, really good!!
4-5 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 t red pepper flakes
1 t sweet paprika
1 lb med shrimp, peeled & deveined
4 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 C dry sherry
salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
Fresh baguette for serving

Position a rack 3-4 inches under the broiler. Place 2-4 tapas pans under the broiler and pre heat up to 5 min. In a bowl, toss together oil, garlic,pepper flakes, paprika, shrimp, lemon juice, sherry, salt & pepper. Immediately and carefully divide shrimp mixture among pre heated pans. Broil shrimp until lightly golden--4 to 5 min. Serve immediately with fresh baguette. Serves 4.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Garlic Shrimp (Williams Sonoma, modified) by Old Bay (Easy, quick, really ...)
Other than the preheated pans....which I will definitely be trying...this is very much like the one Jean and I use. Her's uses OO and mine originally used mostly butter (I've since subbed mostly OO.) I also like the addition of a little sherry (and paprika) to the party...sounds good! This is how I will fix mine next time I get a batch of shrimp...about that time! I'll REALLY be craving some now! I'll probably toss with angel hair or linguine, add a salad and call it dinner! I LOVE these kinds of meals!

Thanks Bill and Jane!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Garlic Shrimp (Williams Sonoma, modified) by Old Bay (Easy, quick, really ...)
You didn't include Paul in the number of servings did you? If you had, it would have been more like "Servings 2".

Do you ever use anything besides "white" wine in your seafood? Cooking with white wine is one of my least favorite. I don't know why, but it seems to cover the taste of the seafood to me.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Garlic Shrimp (Williams Sonoma, modified) by bjcotton (You didn't include P...)
Billy, I may be wrong, but I wouldn't classify sherry as a white wine. It is very smooth and subtle, IMO. I have learned that there are certain white wines I don't like to cook with. I typically use dry vermouth or port if a recipe calls for it. But I will probably never use a Chardonnay again...LOL!

But if you don't want to risk it, I would either sub seafood stock or clam juice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Garlic Shrimp (Williams Sonoma, modified) by Gourmet_Mom (Billy, I may be wron...)
Bill, that does sound good! I like the addition of sherry. This is very similar to the one we make. Yum.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com