What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15?
  Re: (...)
(today's my Mom's birthday - first time in a lot of years I haven't ordered/made chocolates for her)

I made a ba$tardized version of Lasagne soup yesterday, so will have leftovers for dinner. A couple of breads to decide between, Cynthia's and another - want to make one.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by cjs ((today's my Mom's bi...)
Last night, I was in a rush, so I just had something quick, out. Tonight, I'll be having leftovers from the Mystery-Box dinner, so I can't say what it is, yet, since it's not the official date.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by labradors (Last night, I was in...)
tease, tease, tease
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by cjs (tease, tease, tease ...)
I am making mascarpone chicken for my parents tonight. (I am still in FL with them) Serving it with a revised version of Greek potatoes. I have to improvise since my mom does not have a great selection of good herbs and spices or cookware. No fresh oregano, so I am using some dried and then adding some fresh tarragon I bought for the chicken. The chicken will be baked in their convection toaster oven and the gold potatoes in the microwave. I wanted fingerlings but their Publix did not have any. I made my favorite cheese noodles from Cuisine Tonight yesterday, but they did not turn out as well as they usually do, I think the cheese (Publix brand) was too bland. I am keeping my fingers crossed I can make the chicken work ok. I am so glad to be be able to cook since that is my preferred stress reliever and my brother died unexpectedly yesterday. My parents 89 and 91 can't travel so my turning their kitchen upside down and serving them a meal they don't usually have may help a little.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by Cubangirl (I am making mascarpo...)
Oh Cubangirl - I'm sorry! I had to read your post twice because I thought I misread it the first time. I'm sure your parents are very glad you are there.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by Trixxee (Oh Cubangirl - I'm s...)
Oh, how sad to lose your brother unexpectedly! It is good that you are with your parents and using your cooking as a stress reliever.

Somehow now it doesn't matter what I'm making for dinner tonight. Peace to you and your family.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by HomeCulinarian (Oh, how sad to lose ...)
Sorry to hear that news, Cubangirl. Your parents are fortunate to have you there at this time. Please know we send thoughts of comfort.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by farnfam (Sorry to hear that n...)
Oh Cubangirl, that's such sad news for your family! Do you have other siblings? What a blow for your parents.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by cjs (Oh Cubangirl, that's...)
How did I miss this yesterday?

Cubangirl, I am saddened to learn this. I lost my brother unexpectedly in May of last year. It was quite a blow to both my mother and myself, so I can imagine what you are going through. At least you were there to comfort each other.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues. 9/15? by Cubangirl (I am making mascarpo...)
So very sorry to hear your news. Thoughts are with you and your family.
Shannon