110 F in the gazebo
  Re: (...)
I smoked baby backs and a pork tenderloin on my new smoker today. They were wonderful, but the heat was incredable. Coolist April in history, hottest June. We went in the pool after dark--it is still 94 and the pool is tepid, but a breeze came up and the ceiling fan in the Gazebo on wet bodies was amazing.

Our family will gather for the weekend of the 4th--a few years ago everyone brought a bag of ice for the pool--we may have to repeat that this year--my pool is heated, I should have asked about refrigeration--last year July set a cool record--please Lord, have pity.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: 110 F in the gazebo by Old Bay (I smoked baby backs ...)
Oh Yay, I'm leaving for Dallas tomorrow morning. Even coming from Tuscon, that sounds bad.
Shannon
  Re: Re: 110 F in the gazebo by Dismc (Oh Yay, I'm leaving...)
Bless your heart, I feel for you Bill! I LOVE the ice for the pool idea! A shame that won't work for the lake. But there are deep parts that you can dive into and cool down....if you have a boat! ARGGGGG!

To be honest, though...I haven't been in this year yet. After school got out, there have been so many house projects I've neglected the lake. That's funny when I realize that's all I would think about when I'd leave school. This weekend I'm going in!

BTW, Jean, I neglected to mention what happened AFTER I fell in that Fourth of July....hehehehehehehe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: 110 F in the gazebo by Old Bay (I smoked baby backs ...)
Quote:

my pool is heated, I should have asked about refrigeration

I think we would need refrigeration here, also.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: 110 F in the gazebo by Gourmet_Mom (Bless your heart, I ...)
Oh Bill - takes me back to the days of having the Russian river in our backyard. More like Daphne has now. Every year the river was damned up from Memorial day to Labor day and the river would magically turn into our own backyard lake. Our swimming suits rarely came off during that whole time. Wonderful, fun times.

One of these days, Daphne, we'll have to sit and talk....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 110 F in the gazebo by cjs (Oh Bill - takes me b...)
"Every year the river was damned up from Memorial day to Labor day and the river would magically turn into our own backyard lake. " That is soooo cool! I've never heard of such a thing!

"One of these days, Daphne, we'll have to sit and talk...." I'm counting on it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.