New LCBO Mag & New Toy
  Re: (...)
Just rec'd my new issue of LCBO - and relieved to see that while there are some good sounding recipes, I didn't fold every single recipe page as I'm usually doing!

But, what I did find was this cute little pan - and ordered it quickly on Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Gourmet-Bowl...gy_k_img_b

I'm thinking besides a 'cake cup' with filling, it would be fun to make an ice bowl (as shown in mag.) and fill with shrimp and sauce. The pan comes in a '6-hole' size also.

Just another toy to find a storage place for - I still haven't used my brand new pan for those pancake puffs that so many of us bought in (?) Oct/Nov???? Where does time go...

Anyway, thought you all might be interested in a new toy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by cjs (Just rec'd my new is...)
Kewl!!

BTW, what does LCBO stand for?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by BarbaraS (Kewl!![br][br]BTW, w...)
It's the Canadian magazine that the Liquor Board of Canada publishes named Food & Drink - Lorraine turned us on to this mag. a few years ago. There is also a website -

http://www.lcbo.com/fooddrink/foodsearch.shtml

Great recipes!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by cjs (It's the Canadian ma...)
Aren't they cool, Jean? I got a set last year as a gift. The first thing I made was 2 meatloaf "bowls" filled with mashed potatoes. I thought I had posted a picture of that one, but can't find it. And somewhere on here is where I made the shrimp "bowl" I made with dill. It was SO pretty! I still haven't gotten the little set. I think that would be more fun for individual servings.

I knew it! Here it is: Saturday Fun! I posted this one weekend when I was having fun with Bill's Bloody Bulls and Brendaritas! What a great day that was! The ice "bowl" is about half way down the thread.
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by Gourmet_Mom (Aren't they cool, Je...)
Oh, I remember you talking about them now - the meatloaf and tatoes, yes!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by cjs (It's the Canadian ma...)
Thanks!!

I just ordered the "two-fer".

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by BarbaraS (Thanks!![br][br]I ju...)
I love it - another gadget queen!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by cjs (Just rec'd my new is...)
That is too cool.

I just got the six serving shortcake pan last weekend. World Market is having a close-out sale on a lot of stuff. Its a smaller version - but it will be fun to play with.

Bob and I have picked out our next toy - it's the Kuhn Rikon "corn zipper". It looks really cool and like it'll make it a lot easier and neater to take the kernels off the cob.

Oh I love new toys! By the time I find the rest of my old ones they'll feel new again!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by cjs (I love it - another ...)
Oh yeah!!

But I have to be careful, I'm running out of spaces to hide my toys.

That shrimp holder was beautiful!!

Barbara
  Re: Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy by BarbaraS (Oh yeah!![br][br]But...)
I will NOT order any more gadgets!!!! As she runs to the site and orders---

Give me a break, guys!!!! I am weak---VERY weak!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy