My New Baby
  Re: (...)
[Image: jan099ox4.th.jpg]

He was born on Dec 14th, is already weaned by his mother and is eating dry & canned dog food. Haven't named him yet since I've only had him about an hour. He is a yellow lab.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My New Baby by bjcotton ([url=http://img213.i...)
Sweetie he is just adorable. Oh you are going to have so much fun!

Now, when are you bringing him to meet his "cousins"??????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My New Baby by Harborwitch (Sweetie he is just a...)
AWWWWW, Billy! Happy tears are making it hard to type, but I just gotta tell you that is the sweetest bundle of joy I've seen in a long time!

Hopefully, we'll all be saying that in a couple months...LOL! I LOVE Labrador Retrievers. I've never had a yellow one, just black and chocolate. My precious Cricket is black. She is so smart and sweet....best one we've ever had.

I will pray he is not a digger/jumper/trash digging/chewer. I'd get him into classes as soon as he's old enough. But for now, snuggle him up and sniff that wonderful puppy breath to your hearts content. There's nothing like it.

Way cool! I just clicked on the pic and it took me to ImageShack and a bigger picture and closer look!

Favorite Lab names: Magnum, Drake, Chief, Harley, Buster (Can you tell from the first two that I live with hunters?) This one doesn't fit, but a friend named their black Lab, Black Jack....really cool...HUGE dog.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My New Baby by Gourmet_Mom (AWWWWW, Billy! Happ...)
Adorable. I love how they run at this age. Their back legs are stronger than their front legs and they start running straight, but their hind legs begin to overtake their front legs and they run sideways until they just start to roll. Have fun - we got about a foot of snow since yesterday and the only people out were the dog walkers!
Sweet! We're planning to get a new lab pup in the spring, too. Hubby already agreed to let me name it and the names are picked out... Buster if we get a chocolate male and ZuZu if we get a yellow female.
  Re: Re: My New Baby by HomeCulinarian (Sweet! We're planni...)
BTW, if you want to see "as yet to be named puppy's" cousin in the Carolinas...go here.
Daphne
  Re: Re: My New Baby by Gourmet_Mom (BTW, if you want to ...)
Very good looking lab, Daphne. We've been missing our Roxy since spring and thought we'd not get another. The house is just doesn't feel like home without a dog.
  Re: Re: My New Baby by Gourmet_Mom (BTW, if you want to ...)
WOOF!

Once you've had a little more time, you may be able to choose a name based upon "personality." Of course, logic doesn't always decide a name. Once, in a fit of silliness, I nicknamed a friend's new pup as "Woofles." LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My New Baby by labradors (WOOF![br][br]Once yo...)
Thanks Jeanette....she's a sweetie!

If you think about it, Cricket's name is not very promising...LOL! A while after we picked it, William pointed out that Cricket was the name of the dog from the first Jaws movie...YIKES. Needless to say, Cricket hasn't been swimming at the beach.

A friend recommended picking a name of a person you admire. One of our Cocker Spaniel's went by the name of Dorsey....the name of a duck hunting guide at Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay. Our last Lab went by the name of Tarbaby...after owning numerous black Labs, William said upon receiving this one for Father's Day, announced he had always wanted to use the name from this classic Brer Rabbit tale. "Black as tar"....he would say. I still miss her.
Daphne
Oh cr@p Daphne! You just had to say "puppy breath" didn't ya! Jeeeze I love puppy breath. Billy get in the car with that darling little munchkin so that I can smell puppy breath . . . oh, then I'll want a puppy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!