Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th?
  Re: (...)
Haven't the foggiest idea, we're going wine tasting and goodie tasting today (must go back to 'We Olive' ), so it may be hit and miss - but I do want to do a crockpot meal tomorrow for heating up on travel days coming up. We're going to start heading north and get home between storms - snow kept us in Washington, now floods may keep us out! (darn, Denise, we'll catch you & Derek on the next trip down - we'll get the h*ll outta Dodge earlier in the year next time )

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by cjs (Haven't the foggiest...)
Bean soup here. We went to the Mennonite market and stocked up the larder with different dried beans. I soaked some overnight, so they'll go in the pot with some smoked bones of some sort that are in the fridge. I made an apple crisp for dessert last night, but we were too full, so we'll have that tonight.

Jean, I must be living in God's country, it's possitively balmy here. "smile"
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by Lorraine (Bean soup here. We w...)
SHHHHHH...Lorraine, it's that kind of talk that brings bad weather our way.

William is making barbeque out at the farm...left at about 6 and should have left at 5. So I figure they won't eat until late this afternoon. Between a fourth of a pig, and a fourth of a deer, I'm thinking we'll be eating leftovers. Fine with me, as it won't be leftovers for me...hee hee! That way, I can make up my stuff for the pastry for tomorrow. Actually, it's the Chicken and Noodle Dumpling recipe from C@H. I can't wait to see how close it is to my grandmother's recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by Lorraine (Bean soup here. We w...)
I'm thinking of making the Newburg Pot Pie that we all reviewed a while back, only with regular pie crust instead of puff pastry. We got some major snow here, so comfort food sounds good.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by Mare749 (I'm thinking of maki...)
We're going to throw a tri tip in the smoker along with a nice "fattie" of some kind and some beans.

Joan wants to try Quinoa so I think I'll make up a salad or something with that. Maybe some Lavender Blueberry ice cream. The frost on the roofs made me think of that.

Jean will you be passing this way??? Shoot, that reminds me - we've got to go to Delicato tomorrow.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by Gourmet_Mom (SHHHHHH...Lorraine, ...)
" and a fourth of a deer "

He made Sloppy Joes with ground deer last night. It was really good.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by Lorraine (" and a fourth of a ...)
I did a chinese recipe I found - Cashew Chicken was very good
I had tried a recipe a few months ago and it wasn't very good -
but this one is a keeper.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by mjkcooking (I did a chinese reci...)
Not sure Sharon, but will give you a call if we get near.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner - Jan 10th? by cjs (Not sure Sharon, but...)
We'll be here!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!