Boneless Beef Shortribs
  Re: (...)
Has anyone ever done anything with these? If so, could you share any recipes or ideas? I have one package with two "ribs" in it. I have no idea what to do with them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Boneless Beef Shortribs by esgunn (Has anyone ever done...)
Despite my well-documented disdain for the spamming done by Kraft on this site, I really must say that Good Seasons Italian really IS great for marinating beef shortribs.

Of course, there are many other Italian dressings and mixes out there, as well as "copycat" recipes, so there still are ways to get the wonderful flavour without having to resort to using a Kraft product, but that's just one idea for you, for starters.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Boneless Beef Shortribs by labradors (Despite my well-docu...)
Thanks Labs - it is one of my favorite italian salad dressing to!

SO how would you cook them then? Grill? Slow cook? Don't short ribs need a slow cook? With only having two it is really trowing me.

I feel like such a dunce with this. I am used to the ones with the bone and cooking 3 lbs in the slow cooker and finishing on the grill.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Boneless Beef Shortribs by esgunn (Thanks Labs - it is ...)
I think you can cook them the same way as the boned----the cut of meat requires a slow cook-----sounds like you could make a great stew with this....nice comfort food with the weather you guys are experiencing. I stand to be corrected though.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Boneless Beef Shortribs by Roxanne 21 (I think you can cook...)
A while back I got a pack of three with some bone in. I didn't think I had enough bone in to do the braised recipe I had. I didn't use them in the end, so when I went to cook them, I did the braised recipe and just scaled it down for just the three. Since they were boneless, they fed 3 of us for dinner with mashers and a green veggie...forget what that was.

Also, when I posted that I had them, Jean commented that she used those, not sure if those only or a mix with another meat, for her homemade ground beef.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Boneless Beef Shortribs by Gourmet_Mom (A while back I got a...)
I mix half and half - chuck and boneless short ribs for my ground beef. Oh, what a delicious flavor. Erin, I don't like to do this, but I saved this recipe from epicurious a while back to make with some, but have not done it yet.

Chili-Braised Boneless Short Ribs
Bon Appétit Serves 6

2 10-ounce cans enchilada sauce
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 pounds boneless beef short ribs
----
3 green onions, sliced

Combine first 4 ingredients in 9x13-inch baking dish. Add beef and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Turn beef ribs. Cover with foil and bake until meat is very tender when pierced with fork, turning occasionally, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.

This recipe got mixed reviews, so here's the link to them.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/r...rt-Ribs-34

It still sounds good to me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com