Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe!
  Re: (...)
I think I lent out my spiral book with the recipe for the chicken and noodle dumpling stew in it. I can't find it in any of my other books and I have most of the ingredients! HELP! Does anyone know what issue it was in or could they post it? I remember it had peas and white wine in it and it was DH's fav! Thanks for your help!
  Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe! by cookinKim (I think I lent out m...)
I've made this one a few times. It was in the October 2007 issue.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken and Noodle Dumplings

Recipe By :
Serving Size : Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups onion -- diced
2 cups carrot -- sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
1 cup celery -- diced
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
8 cups chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 cups cooked chicken -- shredded
1/2 cup frozen green peas
Salt and white pepper
NOODLE DUMPLINGS:
1 egg
Reserved milk broth
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Tabasco to taste (optional)

Sweat onion, carrot, celery, and herbs in butter in a covered Dutch oven or large pot over medium-low heat. Cook for 15 minutes, or until carrot is fork tender. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.

Deglaze with wine and lemon juice, then whisk in broth, milk, and cream. Remove and reserve 1 cup of the milk-broth mixture, then add chicken, peas, salt, and pepper.

For noodle dumplings, whisk egg and reserved milk-broth together; set aside.

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl; make a well and stir in egg-broth mixture until a stiff dough forms. Turn dough onto a well-floured surface; cut in half and roll each piece 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough into 1 1/2- x 4-inch strips, then add to simmering soup 1 or 2 at a time, stirring after each addition. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked and no longer doughy.

Finish soup with Tabasco if desired.

Makes 10 to 12 servings.

Source:
"Cuisine at Home, October 2007"
Yield:
"2 1/2 quarts"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES: Per 1/12 recipe: 315 calories; 32% calories from fat; 11g total fat; 34g carb.; 473mg sodium; 2g fiber; 19g protein.
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe! by Sage (I've made this one a...)
Thanks, Sage! That's the one I have been looking for!
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe! by cookinKim (Thanks, Sage! That'...)
Oh I remember that one, I think we might have done a online dinner of it too. Mmmm, time to try that again, with the snow we're having today, it'd be perfect
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe! by farnfam (Oh I remember that o...)
HOLY COW! A dressed up version of my grandmother's Chicken and Pastry....with the thin pastry and all! Thanks Sage and CookinKim for bringing this to my attention! I've never seen this one!

BTW, Welcome CookinKim! I hope you will join our little group and have fun sharing recipes and reviews. Everyone here is very nice and most helpful!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe! by Gourmet_Mom (HOLY COW! A dressed...)
Tonite I made the Chicken and Dumplings, from the same issue. It was gloriously yummy and comforting. It snowed all day, but just pretty powder.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe! by farnfam (Tonite I made the Ch...)
This one's on the list for Sunday. I'll cook my hen Saturday, so I've got all that chicken and homemade broth. Unless someone comes up with something else, I guess I can make Chicken and Leek Casserole for one night and use up some Swiss leftover from Christmas.

Keep it up you guys. I'd love to plan dinner around your winners!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe by Gourmet_Mom (This one's on the li...)
"Chicken and Leek Casserole" - Rod's recipe? If so, I haven't made that forever! love it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe by cjs ("Chicken and Leek Ca...)
OH YES, Jean! We love it! After I first got the recipe, I made it almost weekly. After a month or two, I had to promise my family I would cut back to once a month...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Can't find Chicken and Noodle Dumplings recipe by Gourmet_Mom (OH YES, Jean! We lo...)
I have that one, but have never made it. 'Course when you have over 2200 recipes you want to make, some get forgotten along the way.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy