Monday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to tonight? I found a recipe for "Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Sage Corn Bread Crust" that sounds good and easy though I'm mentally prepared for the crust to not stick that well.

Baked potatoes and a big baby greens salad too.
  Re: Monday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
My younger daughter recommended the Chicken Carbonara from weeknight menus, so I think I will be trying that tonight. I am in a pasta kinda mood! I gave each of my daughters 3 of the C@H cookbooks for Christmas. They love them too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by chef_Tab (My younger daughter ...)
Trixxee, that sounds good - please share the recipe if you like it.

We're eating out of the freezer I think - I brought a pkg. of slo cooked ribs, have some boursin potatoes left and a great salad dressing from "We Olive"....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by cjs (Trixxee, that sounds...)
I made the bbq pork kebabs and miso noodle salad from Cooking For Two...

I will review on a new thread....
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by Roxanne 21 (I made the bbq pork...)
It's early in the week, so I have options... Spaghetti and Italian Sausage with Roasted Tomato Marinara from the freezer, or, Filets Mignon with Port Sauce and Haricot Verts with Risotto, or Pork Loin Roast with Sun Dried tomato vinaigrette and roasted potatoes.

This is my first day back from a 2 week vacation so, we'll see what I feel like making when I get home.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (It's early in the we...)
I was supposed to be having Sherried Chicken with Stick-It-Lick-It Sauce from an old "The Best of Food and Wine" book Mom got me at the second hand shop. But I didn't get it cut up and in the marinade last night and was wasted when I got home today. Being off is great, but going back to work sucks!

So, I just taught YS how to split a chicken and "slit" like Jacques Pepin taught in his book (to speed cooking). It's roasting in the oven and will get some bbq sauce...corn-on-the-cob and dressed up Bush's baked beans to go with. (I wouldn't cook at all, if I didn't need lunch for tomorrow...that pooped. A cocktail or two and I'm good for bed.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I was supposed to be...)
I feel for you Daphne. I was so relieved I did NOT get called to work today. I wish we lived closer, I would try to help you out. I honestly do not know how teachers do it. I always say, teachers should be paid what professional athletes make and vice versa. Bless you for cooking dinner at all. You may want to check out the Chicken Carbonara recipe. It was quite yummy, fast, and I think it will reheat well.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by chef_Tab (I feel for you Daphn...)
I'm hoping to remember that one for this week. I've seen it twice lately.

I'm on a "new" computer and can't create a menu right now. But thanks for the heads up. I am soooo NOT used to using a lap top at home. Funny, I use one quite a bit for the SmartBoard at school, but for regular typing...it's been a while. Plus, this keyboard is different from the IBM that I am accustomed to...Sony Vaio...and I keep forgetting about the touch pad....ARRRRGGGG! I'll have to play a while to be able to work with MC9 on here. GEEZ! Must figure out how to work with shared files again! I'm too old for this.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm hoping to rememb...)
Quote:

...and I keep forgetting about the touch pad....ARRRRGGGG!

Vaios are great machines.

If you don't like the fact that tapping the touch pad is the same as clicking the left button, go to the Control Panel, then to Mouse, then to the tab labeled "Tapping," and uncheck the "Tapping" box.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday Dinner? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'll check that, Labs. I'm just having a little transitional problems...that and moving files...and OS set this thing up with Ubunto (sp?) and I have no idea how to do file sharing on here using the house LynkSys. ARGGG! Having a computer geek as a kid is a bear...especially since he went back to school today and left his computer here. (said it was a distraction at college...forums and all..too many computers available at the college for actual work)
Daphne