Onion Jam for Burgers
  Re: (...)
This is really tasty - and you bleu cheese fans will really love the combination. Roy was in heaven.

Onion Jam for Burgers

2 T. olive oil
1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
Salt
1 cup dry red wine
2 T. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. honey
1 thyme sprig
Pepper

Cook onion over mod. low heat in oil with salt until limp.
Add wine, vinegar, honey, thyme & simmer until liquid has evaporated, ~15 min. Season with s&p.
Top burgers with Stilton while still on grill to slightly melt. Top with the onion jam.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by cjs (This is really tasty...)
That sounds good and easy. Marking this one.
Thanks Jean, I made something similar a while back and we loved it. Will definately be trying this one.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by Mare749 (Thanks Jean, I made ...)
Me too Maryann. As a matter of fact, we were supposed to have that one last night with the collards and forgot until William started chopping the pork. Dinner was really good though. I have lots left, so I'll probably make this one to go with them. That and the crispy cornbread I couldn't make due to buggy meal.

Thanks Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by Gourmet_Mom (Me too Maryann. As ...)
Jean, we eat at a place for lunch where we get a steak salad or sandwich and they serve a Maui onion salsa with it. It is roughly pureed and a golden color--delicious!! This sounds similar--any thoughts on a salsa, maybe use a sweet onion and delete the honey? ---this might work.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by Old Bay (Jean, we eat at a pl...)
I would think so - just caramelizing onions makes them so sweet. I love onions like this on sandwiches.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by cjs (I would think so - j...)
Another little goodie to add to the "list" --this sounds really tasty.....Thanx, Jean
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by Roxanne 21 (Another little goodi...)
Oooh- made this tonight to top burgers with gorgonzola. Very, very tasty! I only had about 3/4 cup of an open bottle of red wine but that was fine.

Thank you for sharing. The onions combined with the cheese really worked well.
  Re: Re: Onion Jam for Burgers by Trixxee (Oooh- made this toni...)
I made something similar once with balsamic and it was served on salmon. I lost the recipe so I am glad you brought this up.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Sounds good, and the grocery has gorgonzola on sale. Hmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!