Oh Holy Night!
  Re: (...)
Ms. Patti LaBelle had a Christmas special on tonight and as always she brings me to tears. One year, several years ago I was truly in despair with my health declining and I had no hope in my heart. I happened to have the stereo on and I put on a CD a friend had given me. It was one of Ms. LaBelle's CDs and on it she sang a song, "You Are My Friend." As I listened I could feel hope and faith replacing the despair in my heart. I don't know what would have happened, but I give credit to God and Ms. LaBelle for returning my will to live. Just think what I would have missed my dear friends. It isn't easy to bare one's heart, but I wanted to say to all of you God Bless my friends and may you have a happy Christmas and a fortuitous New Year.

I love you all.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Oh Holy Night! by bjcotton (Ms. Patti LaBelle ha...)
Oh Billy! I can't cry right now...I can't...DANG! I love you my dear! You always bring a smile to my face.

I hope and pray your new year is the best! You've had a rough couple years...you deserve it. Keep the faith! (If) faith and love can heal...the heart, body, mind and soul; you should be "well" really soon. And I believe it does.

>>>>blows a kiss and sends a hug<<<<<
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh Billy! You are such a precious treasure - and I say a prayer of thanks to Ms. Labelle for bringing peace, joy, and love of life to you - because you bring all of that to us! If you were close I'd give you a giant hug and a big ol' kiss!

Now if you could just be here for Christmas life would be perfect!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Oh Holy Night! by Harborwitch (Oh Billy! You are s...)
Oh Billy, you are such a bright light in so many of our lives - dang, we missed that show. I'm such a fan also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh Holy Night! by cjs (Oh Billy, you are su...)
Billy, since I've been on these food forums, I always open your posts because what you have to say and share is always so interesting, full of life, fun, information and warmth. I wish you all the best during the holidays and the New Year and echo all of the posts above.

May you be richly blessed as you continue to share with us, and may your health be greatly improved. Thanks for bring your heart. It's a big one and a good one!
Quote:

Oh Billy, you are such a bright light in so many of our lives - dang, we missed that show. I'm such a fan also.

Same here! This forum would not be the same without you, Billy! I especially love when you come up with off-the-wall comments that just make me laugh and laugh. Hope that this coming year brings you good health and much joy.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sharon, look at the passes in N. California and S. Oregon, it just ain't gonna happen. I thought "maybe" yesterday until I saw those passes

Jean, Patti LaBelle has been a favorite of mine for years. I have a multitude of her CDs and am ALWAYS amazed at her vocal range and the inspiration she gives me. If it wasn't for her book about her life, I might not have seen my mother the night she died. One of the stories there was about her sister that was dying of cancer and wanted Patti to bring her one of her Egg Salad sandwiches (I think it was Egg Salad). Patti begged off since she had just gotten home from a tour and the next morning her sister was dead. My mom called me the night she died and when she asked what we were having for supper I told her hamburgers. She said she wanted one and I almost begged off since we had just driven all day from a show; but, I didn't. I went and got her a hamburger and took it to her, I'm so glad I did, because the next morning she was dead. Isn't life funny (not ha ha type) how things happen?

I thank you all for your kind words and encouragement.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
You are such a doll Billy, have a great holiday this year.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Oh Holy Night! by bjcotton (Sharon, look at the ...)
I know Sweetie. Grrrrruuuummmmmbbbbbbllllle Gads we need all this snow so badly - but it can sure mess up plans. Bob wants to take the Pugs to see snow. That ought to be a hoot.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Oh Holy Night! by Harborwitch (I know Sweetie. [img...)
Billy - from the bottom of my heart I wish you nothing but health and happiness in 2009.