Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch,
  Re: (...)
I do this about four times a year take all the linens out and air them, then wash, then iron - most of the times I iron the napkins over to the four inch size and then I run out of room in the drawers - now i am doing them once over and then once across that leaves them about the nine inch by four inch size - If I put all of them on the four by 9 scale I will run our of drawer space so I thought leaving them at the nine by 8 inch space that they would take less room. Napkins on my working/craft table are getting taller in either size - any suggestions - My soul, I just read through this - maybe I should use paper ones (NOT) - any suggestions on folding before putting that final hot iron on those creases = Gosh, I know this is not cooking but it surely is part of serving to me as well as to some of you I am sure -
  Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch, by (I do this about four...)
Sonja - We only use cloth when entertaining - and then, I only iron what I plan to use just before we use it. Day-to-day we use paper.

Your question reminds me of a math class story problem!
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch, by HomeCulinarian (Sonja - We only use ...)
Quote:

Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch

Wow! Your rabbits must really be spoiled!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch, by HomeCulinarian (Sonja - We only use ...)
Quote:

Your question reminds me of a math class story problem!

Me too! Fortunately I don't have a problem storing cloth napkins. My buffet has one deep drawer that holds stacks of napkins nicely. I guess they would be 9x4'ish when they are folded. I fold them in half and then in half and in half again. I don't iron them usually - I just try to take them out of the dryer as soon as they are done and fold them nicely.

Sorry, I'm no help!
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hut by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm no help either - I store most of mine in the linen closet; always ironed. I find ironing napkins very very soothing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch, by (I do this about four...)
Well, you'd all make my mother in law proud! I roll my finest (from Pier One, no less) and stand them on end in a basket. A nice basket but still a basket.

Ironing is soothing to me, too, but I save it for my clothes I'll get nice linens someday, as well as nice china(Corelle works with kids) and of course I'll need that hutch to put it all in.....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hutch, by pjcooks (Well, you'd all make...)
Well, if you come to my house for supper, you just might get a folded paper towel When I moved here I got rid of all the nice table cloths and napkins, plus a bunch of serving bowls and utensils. I even gave away my Monkeywood Salad bowl to Jean's daughter.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hut by Harborwitch (I'm no help either -...)
I agree, ironing napkins is very soothing. I don't know why, but it is. I used to iron EVERYTHING except underwear. I love ironed sheets and pillowcases. But there is something about ironing napkins that makes me feel especially good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hut by luvnit (I agree, ironing nap...)
I think so as well, Laura - I wish I could iron my sheets properly but I do the pillowcases -
  Re: Re: Linen Napkinery Ironing/Folding/Fitting in Hut by luvnit (I agree, ironing nap...)
My mother used to iron my Dad's boxers - and look down her nose at me when I'd grimace....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com