Saturday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Something darn easy!! Meat and veggies thrown on the grill, the stone work should be done today, so will probably be on our last legs tonight.

But, we are having a nice 'champagne' brunch this a.m. with the leftover (Maryann's) Orzo Risotto with an egg on top 'al a Jacques Pepin'

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner? by cjs ( [i]Something darn e...)
Boy does that sound good, Jean! As for dinner, not sure yet, but it will be something light. It's very hot and humid here this week. Probably will be grilled chicken or salmon, a salad and some watermelon. I need to do some "after vacation damage control."
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by Mare749 (Boy does that sound ...)
MMMMM...watermelon! I have GOT to go get one now! William planted two little plants of watermelon and cantelope in the garden...late, so they're not ready yet. But now that you mention it, I have GOT to go buy one and chill it! MMMMM!

I have some tenders and breasts that I got on special in the fridge as well as some really cheap flat iron steaks. I had thought I'd try the tenders with a bolgogi-type recipe from Sizzle or something with the other two....not sure yet. Veggies will probably be something from the garden and maybe Maryann's orzo...and DEFINITELY some watermelon! I seem to be in a slump here. Too many other things on my mind the past few days. Time to get out of the slump and enjoy my summer again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (MMMMM...watermelon! ...)
We're in the car on our way to dinnere now. Abalone fritters, potato salad, 3 pa salad, grilled veggie platter, and whatever Laurie does for dessert. Her BIL is in charge of the first 3 items, I've got the pea salad and appys.

I'm so hungry for this dinner! Chrisis an excellent cook, in fact I think he'd be a great addition here - he grows a lot of his food, hunts and fishes so he's always got goodies. I think I'll show him the site - and if no one objects, invite him to join us!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by Harborwitch (We're in the car on ...)
OMG! William just came in from the farm...too hot he said. We ate some leftover stuff and were sitting there when he said, let's take the motorcycle to Myrtle Beach! I said, let's take the car with the top down instead...thinking he was just kidding. I have just rustled up a change of clothes and a few necessities, and we're off!!!!

See ya! I'll tell all, well most, of our adventure when we get back!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (OMG! William just c...)
Must be nice, Daphne! Well, you better fill us in on your fun, spur of the moment getaway!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by Mare749 (Must be nice, Daphne...)
Well, it is Sunday here, and I have a leg of lamb to roast. We will have roast pots., kumara, carrots, parsnip and peas with it. Cold(ish)here, it has rained for the last couple of weeks, sideways sometimes with the gales we are having. I can't even get the plants into the ground with this weather. moan, snivel, bellyache.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by vannin (Well, it is Sunday h...)
It's 98 here-no rain in 6 weeks--NZ sounds good to me --good to see you Vannin--stay around awhile--hope things have settled down for you.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by Old Bay (It's 98 here-no rain...)
Oh how fun Daph!!! Have a lovely time. Soon we'll be camping, I'm excited.
Not much in the way of dinner tonite. Tammy's mushroom crustades, drinks, apple sausage, green beans and corn on the cobs drinks, wine, Khalua dessert shots, Hot tub. It's all good
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner? by farnfam (Oh how fun Daph!!! H...)
We were camping and did lobster tails on the grill, grilled zucchini, coleslaw and rice. My mom made some sort of strawberry/peach trifle for dessert.