What's For Diner??
  Re: (...)
I didn't get to cook much this weekend, but sure did copy some interesting recipes. I get up so much earlier than others that I'm always entertaining myself going through cookbooks at people's homes.

Copied this one and will have tonight with something -

Sweet Potato Oven Fries

Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
Rice krispies
garlic and onion powders
cayenne
a.p. flour
egg white mixed w/water
Parmesan

Combine cereal garlic & onion powders, and cayenne.
Dip the potato wedges in the flour, then the egg, then cereal mixture.
Bake 400 F. for 30-40 min. Sprinkle with parmesan. (I may add the Parmesan to the cereal mixture instead.)

Copied a Swt. Potato Ravioli recipe that sounds good also, will try it later in the week, I hope.

So, what's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Diner?? by cjs (I didn't get to cook...)
Sounds pretty good...find anything in the "sock drawer" if you know what I mean!?

Remind me to set the alarm early if you're around...hehehehe...

We are going with Chicken Cordon Bleu...don't know why it is a "Blue Ribbon Chicken" so I will be researching that today since it is going to snow like crazy this afternoon. We are supposed to get up to a foot of the stuff in about 8 hours time...not going ANYWHERE today. Will do a cheesy cream potato bake with sage to go with it and maybe some left over corn from the freezer from this past season of bagging...not much colour contrast but I think I can live with taste over colour on a cold snowy day and night!

Psst Jean leave the silver alone...and don't drop that it's older than it looks. I don't care if you saw the same thing at a flea market for a buck...it is still some family heirloom!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by firechef (Sounds pretty good.....)
Buddy and I settled on bologna sandwiches and cottage cheese for supper last night, along with Dream Cicles for dessert...you know the ones on a stick with a vanilla ice cream center and an orange layer over it...low-fat too!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by bjcotton (Buddy and I settled ...)
I'm not positive yet, but maybe chicken chilaquiles. I doubt I spelled that right!
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by bjcotton (Buddy and I settled ...)
Quote:

...bologna sandwiches...

A few blocks from one place I worked, there was a small, mom-and-pop, corner grocery store that sold various sandwiches for lunch. One of their novelties was a sandwich made with a grilled, quarter-pound slice of bologna. Actually, it was quite good.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: What's For Diner?? by cjs (I didn't get to cook...)
I'm feeding my lodge (it's my month) beef carbonnade with buttered noodles and garlic bread. They do enjoy it and I feel good about it. I feed about 25.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by Trixxee (I'm not positive yet...)
Lobster Risotto with baby artichokes. I finish with a few drops of white truffle oil. Woof!
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by Flarn (Lobster Risotto with...)
When are we eating Flarn?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by firechef (When are we eating F...)
I LOVE FRIED BOLOGNA!!!!! with miracle whip and iceberg lettuce on the sandwich. AND, grape koolaid - my favorite kid lunch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Diner?? by cjs (I LOVE FRIED BOLOGNA...)
We're making Italian Panini from Issue 47 ... trying it for the first time.

[Image: 47-panini.jpg]