1 egg, lightly beaten
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
4 cups (16 oz) shredded part skim mozzarella or Muenster cheese
10 sheets phyllo dough
1/2 cup butter melted

Direction:

1. In a bowl, combine the egg, egg white, ricotta and parsley. stir in mozzerella, set a side.

2. unroll phyllo dough, cut stack of sheets in half widthwise place one sheet of phyllo dough in greased 13 in/ 9in. 2 in baking pan, brush with butter. Repeat nine times, Keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.

3. Spread cheese mixture evenly over top. Layer with remaining dough brushing butter on every other sheet.

4. Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden borwn

cut into triangles or squares
yields 16-20 appys.

going to try this one soon!.
Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Cheese Boereg - a new appy to try ! by mjkcooking ( Cheese Boereg[br][b...)
Now doesn't that sound good! I still haven't tried Phyllo yet. This sound simple enough so that the phyllo would be the only challenge. Marye, if you get to it first, give us a review. Is there a dipping sauce? A marinara or something?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cheese Boereg - a new appy to try ! by Gourmet_Mom (Now doesn't that sou...)
Marye, if you haven't tried this yet, I would suggest cutting thru at least the top layer of the phyllo (before baking) otherwise most times it just shatters when you try to cut pcs. after it's been baked.

Glad I got home to see this - it sounds really tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cheese Boereg - a new appy to try ! by cjs (Marye, if you haven'...)

Haven't tried it yet either, did think a dipping sauce would be good.

and thanks Jean for the reminder of cutting the phyllo dough before baking

I know that helps.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Cheese Boereg - a new appy to try ! by mjkcooking ([br]Haven't tried it...)
Copied for later...does look good. Dipping sauce? Good idea. Got any ideas for that yet? After the storm clears I'll play since I am home for a bit.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Cheese Boereg - a new appy to try ! by firechef (Copied for later...d...)
Marye, just had an idea for dippiing sauce - remember a dinner review menu we did last April (just looked at your sign on date - how funny, it was a few days after this particular menu!! ) - anyway, it was Coke-Brined grilled chicken and the two sauces with it were so good - especially the Sweet Carolina sauce. Maybe one of these might work. The dish is from issue #63, pg. 7 (really good)

Coke-brined Grilled Chicken

Bourbon BBQ

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup each: ketchup, apple cider vinegar & bourbon
1 T. worcestershire sauce

Simmer the ingred. together for 5 minutes.
Off heat, season with: salt and red pepper flakes to taste.

Sweet Carolina

1/4 cup each: honey, apple cider vinegar & prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Simmer the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
Off heat, season with: red pepper flakes to tasste.

These are really tasty sauces.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cheese Boereg - a new appy to try ! by cjs (Marye, just had an i...)
jean though sound good - or the standard Marinaria sauce too.

will give them a whirl when I get to make this one.

thanks all for your input.

marye