I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!!
  Re: (...)
Is anyone else??? I have no idea what I'm doing, but this is fun. I have all the ingredients out and have started to "play." So far I have cooked the polenta with diced red peppers and fresh basil, oregano, and parmesan cheese.

Now, I'm letting it cool and that's as far as I have gotten. Might as well break out the wine now since it's an ingredient anyway. Maybe it will help me figure out the rest.

I hope everyone is thinking about trying this one. Reviews and possible pics on Monday!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by Mare749 (Is anyone else??? I...)
Quote:

Is
Now, I'm letting it cool and that's as far as I have gotten. Might as well break out the wine now since it's an ingredient anyway. Maybe it will help me figure out the rest.

Did mine a few days ago. Yup, drinking the wine helped. See you Monday!!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've already done mine, too! I agree on having a glass to help with the mojo! I'm ready for my review, even though I may not be able to access my picture. ARGGG! I need to go check on that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by Gourmet_Mom (I've already done mi...)
Gonna go get mine going right now. I've got a loaf of bread rising but we may have that tomorrow night - gooooooooo Seahawks!!!!!!! Game or dinner?? Okay late dinner!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Same here PJ! A little wine made me feel more cheffie! I had fun. We loved the results!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by Mare749 (Is anyone else??? I...)
Have fune Maryann. This was a very liberating exercise for a chef/cook. I really, really had a great time.

Have fun and enjoy sweetie!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by luvnit (Have fune Maryann. T...)
I'm so glad everyone so far is having fun with this - I sure did also! C'mon, Monday!! I do know today is Sunday... last time I forgot and posted my review on Sunday. geez, talk about signed anxious
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by cjs (I'm so glad everyone...)
I'm serving at 5:00! We eat early during football season. I have my ideas and can't wait to get started.

Mine won't have a pic. My Christmas pictures are dark, fuzzy and dull so I think it's time for a new camera. The pictures look like they needed a flash but the flash went off.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by Corinne (I'm serving at 5:00!...)
This was so much fun. I did something I haven't done in oh, maybe, 25 years - I made my Irish Dad's spaghetti sauce! (Well - I didn't add the cheddar cheese, and I did add wine) It made a HUGE potload and I think I only used about a fourth of it!

Hee Heee. And it was a yummy dinner!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I'm working on the Mystery Dinner today!!! by Harborwitch (This was so much fun...)
This was a lot of fun. I finished my dish yesterday, but just brought it out to photograph this morning, and I had to make a sauce yet. Hubby said it was too early to eat it, but after smelling it for a few minutes while I was taking pics, decided it would be fine for breakfast.

Believe me, that's a first! Anyway, I was completely floored that he liked it. Now, I'm hoping to be able to post pics tomorrow. I've got them uploaded to photobucket, but for some reason I have problems taking it from there.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."