Jean, do you have any photos......
  Re: (...)
of your old kitchen that you told us about a while back?

I'm very interested in your countertops and sure wish I could see what they looked like, in case I want to copy what sounds like a really cool idea. Thanks.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Jean, do you have any photos...... by Mare749 (of your old kitchen ...)
Boy, are you in luck - Roy just found the little album we kept track of the remodeling project - the bad news is I didn't know how to get pictures off the camera at that time, so I can only show you pictures of pictures...

The first one is of the Island, it was maple and had the stove and the 2nd sink in it. Below the sink (and not done yet) there were two more rows of drawers and a under-sink cabinet

[Image: ?action=view&current=ISLAND.jpg]

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...ISLAND.jpg

The next is from the stove side - I loved the drawers under the stove top. In the background you'll see the old stove is still in place. when we removed it and moved the refrig to the left, we put the wall oven where the frig used to be.

[Image: ?action=view&current=STOVE.jpg]

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...=STOVE.jpg

The next is of the stainless steel counters around the sink. I would trade a couple of kids to have it again in my kitchen now. To me it's beautiful and it's so forgiving to work on.

[Image: ?action=view&current=STAINLESS.jpg]

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...INLESS.jpg

the project was certainly not completed when all these pics were taken, but it was all I dreamed of by the time it was complete. And...by then I guess we had quit taking pictures. darn.

I've been meaning to ask you what you had decided to do with your kitchen - but you're still dreaming evidently??? It's a big, darn decision.

(why won't posting pictures work anymore???? - )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, do you have any photos...... by cjs (Boy, are you in luck...)
Oh my goodness! Now that's what I call a kitchen! Jean, that must have been one huge room you had there. That island is just amazing. You could have held cooking classes around it. I can see why you hated leaving that house behind.

Since I have never had a stainless steel counter, I need to ask you what you used it for. Cutting up watermelon comes to mind, since that's something that I did yesterday.

Thanks for posting these pictures for me. Yes, I'm still dreaming, but Cis is actually doing something about her countertops.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Jean, do you have any photos...... by Mare749 (Oh my goodness! Now...)
With SST you can set anything on it no matter how hot - I did mark up my maple top setting something too hot on it. Also any bread/biscuit making, I remember doing on it - didn't do much cutting, used the maple for that. And I guess the look and feel of it - I just loved the uniqueness of it.

You know, you might p.m. Billy and Sharon about how they liked it - (in a p.m., they could be brutally honest - get more opinions on it )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com