Need a recipe from Billy ASAP!!
  Re: (...)
I know I saved it and I can't find it. His chicken and dumpling recipe...it's for tonight too!
  Re: Need a recipe from Billy ASAP!! by DFen911 (I know I saved it an...)
You can't find it cause it's in a birthday thread!

Here ya go: (From Billy)

Here it is. This is mine, not CAH:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken and Dumplings

Recipe By :Bill Cotton & Fredia Wikstrom
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 pounds chicken -- whole or cutup
1 large onion -- chopped
2 stalks celery -- cut in thirds
3 large carrots -- chopped
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 medium bay leaves
3 tablespoons parsley -- chopped
2 large potatoes -- peeled and chopped
2 sprigs thyme -- minced
water -- to cover
salt and pepper
1 3/4 cups milk
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 large egg
3 tablespoons cornstarch
cayenne -- optional

In a large pot combine the chicken, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, bay leaves, and fresh thyme. Cover with water. Season the liquid with salt, pepper, and cayenne (if desired). Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender. Remove the chicken from the broth; strain to remove vegetables and reserve broth. When chicken is cool, remove all the meat from the bones and tear into bite-size pieces.

In a mixing bowl, beat the egg and 1 cup of the milk together. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in the baking powder and parsley. Stir in the flour, mixing to make a thick paste. Fold in 1 cup of the reserved vegetables. If any fat has risen to the top of the broth, skim off and discard.

Return the broth and meat to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with the remaining milk. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the chicken broth. Bring the liquid back to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dumpling batter into the hot mixture, distributing the dumplings evenly, until all the batter is used. When the dumplings have risen to the surface, simmer and cook for 4 minutes, stirring gently.

--------------------
Instant gratification tries my patience!

Billy
-----
PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Billy ASAP!! by pjcooks (You can't find it c...)
THANK YOU!! )

*runs off to the kitchen*
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Billy ASAP!! by pjcooks (You can't find it c...)
Hi
I made this recipe tonight - and it was delicious
but i have a question about the Dumplings
mine fell apart ? What did I do? I boiled the broth
and then turned down to a simmer. - Not all of them
fell apart - this a a really good recipe and will make
again. But any advice will help. thanks.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Billy ASAP!! by mjkcooking (Hi [br]I made this r...)
I so cheated on the dumplings..*hangs head in shame* I had 2 tubes of Pillsbury rolls and use those. I just tore them in half and dropped them in
  Re: Re: Need a recipe from Billy ASAP!! by mjkcooking (Hi [br]I made this r...)
MJ, sometimes the baking powder is old, other times they just fall apart, I haven't the foggiest as to why. I've checked other recipes for dumplings and they are more or less the same as mine. So, I just don't know.

Cis, don't feel bad, I confess to doing the same thing on occasion, also using Bisquick dumplings. Whatever trips your trigger is how I feel. You all know I "adjust" just about every recipe I make, so how can I holler at anyone else.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy