Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
  Re: (...)
Originally another from Biba's Italian kitchen made with what we already had. Amounts, where stated are only approximate:
Six ripe round tomatoes, remove seeds and insides till hollow, lightly salt
Mix handful breadcrumb, 1T minced garlic, 1tsp capers, Italian parsley, 1/2C each grated asiago, parmigiano/reggiano,salt and pepper to taste, olive oil to moisten.
Fill tomatoes with stuffing, top with crumbled gorganzola. Stand in a baking dish sprayed with non stick, drizzle additional olive oil. Bake 375 for 20min more or less
Served as tonite's appy before Pasta Fagiola.
OMG ever good!!!! You just gotta try it
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Baked Stuffed Tomatoes by farnfam (Originally another f...)
Sounds yummy Cis, I have only served stuffed toms. cold, as per salad. Will do this one. Thanks.
I love tomatoes stuffed this way. Thanks for the recipe! Just in time for summer tomatoes, always the best. We never get tired of them.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Baked Stuffed Tomatoes by Mare749 (I love tomatoes stuf...)
Well for heaven's sake Cis, we're still waiting for you to invite us all over for some of those goodies you talk about
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Baked Stuffed Tomatoes by bjcotton (Well for heaven's sa...)
Oh for heaven's sake, ALL of you head over here right this minute!!!! What fun we'll have
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Thanx for this recipe. I've copied it to MC and will try it when the garden tomatoes are ready!
  Re: Re: Baked Stuffed Tomatoes by HomeCulinarian (Thanx for this recip...)
I bet this would work grilling the tomatoes on the grill (a little redundant???? ) also. I love grilled tomatoes. sounds really good, cis!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baked Stuffed Tomatoes by cjs (I bet this would wor...)
Grilling sounds good too, but how do you do that with stuffed tomatoes? Won't they get all mushy and fall thru, or do you use one of those grill toppers. I've got one for fish and veggies, I like it.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Baked Stuffed Tomatoes by farnfam (Grilling sounds good...)
I don't have an apparatus for it, but if the tomatoes are too large or look like they'll take too long (and get mushy), I just make a 'pan' out of 2 or 3 layers of foil and use that.

But, I like to use Romas-they heat up so quickly.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com