Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe
  Re: (...)
With the Party Season here, this is the recipe which will “Break the Ice” amongst the part guests and “Kick Start” it into a party people will remember for along time; I am copying the recipe below:

This is not a copyrighted recipe.

BANG BANG SAUCE SHRIMP

1st. Place Winner- 2007 Scovie Awards

Kitchen Tested Recipe

Recipe Rating: ***** + + + you will thank me for it.

2 pounds peeled and deveined Jumbo or large shrimp

1 teaspoons salt

2 well beaten eggs,

3/4 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup Corn Starch

3/4 cup flour

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

Oil for deep frying

1 bottle Dinni’s Select Bang Bang Sauce (from www.dinnisselect.com)

NOTE:

(1) You can make your own sauce by mixing Thai Chili Sauce and Mayonnaise (50:50) or buy another brand, but then you will not have the Bonefish’s taste, I have been unsuccessfully trying for over 2 years to copy it.

(2) If you are in hurry you can substitute the shrimp with store bought pre-battered frozen shrimp.

Sprinkle shrimp with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; let stand at room temperature for 12 minutes. Combine eggs, milk, corn starch, flour, baking powder in mixing bowl; mix until smooth. Heat oil in deep fryer to 350F. Add batter to the bowl with shrimp, stir till the shrimp is well coated with batter drop shrimp in the deep fryer and fry till golden brown (about 3 minutes)

In a separate bowl or a ( large zip lock bag ) empty one 12 oz. bottle of Bang Bang Sauce, drop the fried shrimp and still till all the shrimp is coated with the sauce. Garnish with fresh green or red hot peppers and serve with side of Bang Bang Sauce for dipping.
  Re: Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe by chefdan (With the Party Seaso...)
Having fun here, are you Dan??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe by cjs (Having fun here, are...)
Dinni’s Select Bang Bang Sauce must really suck since he obviously can't sell it at the market and has to harrass all the food forums.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe by Half_Baked (Dinni’s Select Bang ...)
LMAO!!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Bonefish Grill's BANG BANG SHRIMP copycat recipe by Bizymomma (LMAO!!!!...)
Jean, Jan and Angela,

All you said, never mind the fact that the last thing I would want to do with shrimp is deep fry, then soak it in a sauce. This guy doesn't give up, does he?

PJ
PJ