Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31
  Re: (...)
Well, I don't know what's happened to all my cronies, but I still have to eat and it's fun to cook with the 'pack mentality', so I'm picking a menu for those of us who need to eat...

Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Summer Relish
Cuisine at home, February 2005, Issue 52, p. 34

Combine:
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 T. sugar
Add:
2 cups grape tomatoes -- halved
1 cup yellow corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
1/2 cup red onion -- slivered
2 T. minced flat-leaf parsley
1 T. chopped fresh chives
1 T. thinly sliced fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine:
3 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. cayenne
Grill:
2 pork tenderloins -- trimmed

Preheat grill to medium.
Combine vinegar and sugar for the relish in a large bowl, whisking until sugar is dissolved.

Add tomatoes, corn, onion, and herbs to the vinegar mixture; season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Cover and chill relish until ready to serve.

Combine brown sugar, salt, and cayenne; rub mixture over tenderloins. Lightly coat each with nonstick spray.

Grill tenderloins about 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°, turning to brown all sides. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with relish.
Makes: 2 Tenderloins and 3 Cups Relish

Grilled Potato Planks
Slice & Grill:
2 lb. russet potatoes -- peeled
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 t. garlic powder -- optional
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat grill to medium.
Slice potatoes into 1/2"-thick planks. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil and seasonings. Grill potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes per side.

Makes: 2 Pounds
and probably a few grilled veggies.

Now, what about dessert?? Any ideas?? How about 'newcook' - maybe she'll have an idea to share????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by cjs (Well, I don't know w...)
lol...am I one of your missing cronies? It's been terribly busy around here! I hope it slows down soon...

Anyway, I HAVE to make the Tres Leches cake for my step-daughter's birthday party on Friday, so I vote for that one...
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by TwilightKitten (lol...am I one of yo...)
I have felt REALLY terrible about my lack of participation also----I won't beginn with my nightmare scenario here but count me in for our dinner menu---sounds great!!

Dessert??? I think maybe the black forest cake---I'll check on the issue.

31st it is---- I'M BACK!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by Roxanne 21 (I have felt REALLY t...)
well, at least two old (figuratively speaking... ) cronies came out of the woodwork!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by cjs (well, at least two o...)
Ok that sounds yummy and now I know what to make when my father in law comes over this Thursday I just happen to have a loin in the freezer.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by DFen911 (Ok that sounds yummy...)
Jean, count me in!! Sounds great!
I think instead of the dessert, I'll fix the White Sangrias (Aug. 2004- Iss. 46) I'll eat the fruit and that'll be dessert!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by cjs (Well, I don't know w...)
I think you can count me in on this one!! (I might as well get up to my elbows and just jump in!) Y'all decide on dessert and I'll tag along!
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by dollop (I think you can coun...)
Sounds good Jean, I might even brave the kitchen myself this time. Be lovely with lamb filets too.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by vannin (Sounds good Jean, I...)
Since it's kind of cooled down, I'll join in on this one. I can cook it outside. Maybe instant vanilla pudding, bananas, and vanilla wafers for dessert, I ain't firing up that oven.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu - to be critiqued 7/31 by bjcotton (Since it's kind of c...)
I just have to post a funny haha thing.

I just found the print icon at the bottom of the post so you can print just that post instead of the whole thread.

So about dessert..I love grilled banana boats. (I really love being able to cook and an entire meal on the grill and do it as often as I can).

Or grilled pineapple. Mix 2 tbl honey with 2 tbl cherry brandy and 1 tsp lemon juice. Marinate your sliced pineapple (about 3/4 thick) for an hour. Grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Turning till the pineapple is nice and hot and you get all the good caramelization

I was at another bbq where they grill cantaloupe. I don't like cantaloupe but this was really tasty. She made a mixture of 1/4 c butter, 1/2 c honey, 1/3 c chopped mint leaves (I know threw me too) melt all together in a small sauce pan adding the mint leaves last. Skewer the melon and brush the mixture all over and grill them for about 4-6 minutes.

That's my two cents..no change please