1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, deveined, & finely chopped
1/4 gr. bell pepper, seeded, deveined & finely chopped
6 c water
1 1/2 Tbsps salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 1/2 c Polenta
1/4 c each: fresh cilantro, basil, chives
3 1/2 ozs Manchego Cheese (optional) - added for Wine Festival

In large saucepan, melt 1 T. of the butter & cook onion & bell peppers till onion is translucent, ~1 - 2 min.
Add water, salt, pepper & remaining 4 T. butter.
Bring to boil, then gradually stir in polenta w/a wire whisk.
Reduce heat to med-low & cook polenta for 25-30 min., stirring often.
When Polenta is fluffy and thick, stir in herbs (& cheese).
Pour into a slightly oiled 8" sq. baking dish.
Let cool to room temp., cut into desired shapes. Can be stored, covered, for 2-3 days in frig.

Serving Ideas : wonderful with Spicy Guacamole, Pasilla Aioli and Winter Fruit Compote (Roxanne, if you want any of these toppings/go togethers just let me know. I did this for a wine festival and served triangles with these three different toppings.

here's one more -

CREAMY POLENTA

Recipe By :a Chef's Journey
Serving Size : 8

1 clove garlic minced
1/2 c leek, chopped
1/2 c red onion, chopped
2 Tbsps EVO
4 c vege broth
1 tsp butter
1 c yellow polenta
1/2 c Ricotta cheese
1 oz Parmesan cheese
Salt, if needed

Saute garlic, leek & onion in EVO, in non-stick pan till they are golden.
Heat broth w/butter, whisk in cornmeal and simmer, stirring often for 15 min., or till thick.

Remove from heat and add the sauteed veggies, Ricotta, and Parmesan.
Add salt, if needed.

The Polenta can be prepped ahead of time, pour into a b. dish and chill.
Heat covered in a 350° oven for ~20 min., remove cover, stir and add milk or cream if needed.
Continue heating for another 35-40 min. till heated thru.

Serving Ideas : For a Tasting: 80 people, I made 4.28 X - perfect amount (136 - 1.2 oz. servings)
Served with Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade (See recipe)

Hope we sway you...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Polenta Ideas for Roxanne! by cjs (Here you go, Roxanne...)
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Well we shall see---as mentioned, next week when I'm solo.

?--what is Manchego cheese similar to or could you give me a brief description for a sub-- sorry to be a pest!!

ENJOY YOUR dinner--always nice to have someone else prepare your meal, huh?? Sounds as though you are having a great time!!! Weather cooperating?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Polenta Ideas for Roxanne! by Roxanne 21 (THANK YOU, THANK YOU...)
Ask Jean for the recipe for Garlic Shrimp and Polenta (I think that was the name of it..we had it at the Last Party on The Hill. Now that was good!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Polenta Ideas for Roxanne! by Roxanne 21 (THANK YOU, THANK YOU...)
Manchego is a Spanish goat cheese, mellow flavor that melts beautifully. You can sub any goat cheese, or others that are tastey with Polenta - parmesan, monterey jack, gorgonzola and some use cheddar, but that's not a favorite with me.

"Garlic Shrimp and Polenta" - oh, I remember that one, a Paula Deen recipe, wasn't it?? That was really good. I don't think I have that one with me....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Polenta Ideas for Roxanne! by cjs (Manchego is a Spanis...)
Tanx-agin!!! We do have a nice goat cheese here so that should work well. All others are a hit or miss deal--UGH!! Don't forget that garlic shrimp one when you do return to your humble abode---PRETTY PLEASE!!!

How's the trip goin'??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Polenta Ideas for Roxanne! by Roxanne 21 (Tanx-agin!!! We do ...)
I will certainly try to remember to post the garlic shrimp - please remind me, if I don't.

How's our trip going? Yesterday was one of the "highlight" days I've had in many, many years!! I will post when I've collected my thots on it.
www.achefsjourney.com