Dinner #4 Review
  Re: (...)
Okay, I'm a week late, but I finally got to fix the lasagna dish today!! Better late than never, eh?

Okay, the lasagna was very tasty. It was unusual to have that creamy texture as apposed to ricotta. Everyone really enjoyed it. The only complaint that I have about the recipe is that it seemed a little runny. I let my frozen spinach thaw just a little and squeezed most of the liquid out...so I thought. I measured everything to the "T" I drained my diced tomatoes in a fine wire colander.... I don't know. It was good though. I would fix again.

Oh, and BTW, I did fix Cyn's bread! Kudos to you girlfriend! I'm going to play with that recipe somemore. Next time I'm going to do garlic, olives, and rosemary..maybe even some sun-dried tomatoes!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Dinner #4 Review by Bizymomma (Okay, I'm a week lat...)
Hmmmm--can't imagine why it was runny. Mine was perfect--did you let it rest for about 30 minutes before cutting into? That time will let the cheeses and sauces set. I also thawed my spinach completely and then squeezed thoroughly. Instead of parboiling the noodles, I just used the oven ready ones.

Wonder if anyone else had that problem!!!

Funny--DH mentioned it again yesterday-- from the guy that doesn't care for pasta!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Dinner #4 Review by Bizymomma (Okay, I'm a week lat...)
I didn't have that problem (runny) - but the sitting time would probably have taken care of that...?

" Instead of parboiling the noodles, I just used the oven ready ones. " - I used oven ready noodles also, but tried their (c@h) tip of blanching them - that's a great idea, by the way.

We still have some in the freezer - maybe time to have some more!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner #4 Review by cjs (I didn't have that p...)
Maybe the resting time was the problem. Due to time constraints, I was only able to let it set about 15 minutes after baking. I did use the oven-ready noodles (didn't like them the first time I tried them) and I was pleasantly surprised this time around. I think the parboil does help them. We will finish the 2nd half for dinner tonight. Two ballgames 6 & 8. That will make a nice, hearty meal on the go!
Loving every moment of my life!!