Dinner Thread 11/27 - 12/03
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/27 - 12/03 by Harborwitch (Another week and we'...)
Daphne your pot roast, lasagna soup, and salads sound really good.  I envy your venison!  I really miss having it in my freezer.

Maryann, I am so sorry about Ron's sister I hope  she is better soon.  

Last night I fixed Bob & I a sausage & potato hash and cheese omelets with toast.  Not the greatest meal . . . but it filled the hole.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I'm so sorry about Ron's sister, Maryann.  Hope it's nothing too serious.

I've been kind of MIA around here because Tony was gone most of last week and I did NO cooking.  Everything was take out.  Wink

But Friday night we had a nice seafood dinner out, last night we had grilled beef bulgogi (from Costco - highly recommended) and today Tony is making a big pot of ham and 15 bean soup.  Usually we go with straight navy beans but I think we are burnt out on that.

And I may be MIA again for part of the week.  Michael has an avalanche of assignments due plus studying for finals.  I can't believe how fast this first semester of college has gone.  Next Thursday is his last day.  Anyway, I am going to help him with writing a "causal" essay (has to be 4 pages) on a society trend.  First we need to come up with a subject.  So far we thought of the anti-vaccine trend and the voter apathy trend.  You need to research several causes for whatever topic you pick and possible counter arguments.  In addition to that he has to write a paper (luckily only 3 paragraphs for Film class) on 2 movies from the 80's and how they connected to the Reagan Era and historical events and trends of the 80's.  Two movies on the list were Top Gun (which I've seen at least 20 times) and Wall Street which we watched last night.  And he has to finish up a report on a non-fiction book he read - he chose a book called Funny in Farsi and it was pretty funny (pretty sure a lot of the sarcasm went right over his head).  

Just shoot me now, OK?
Yikes. You must feel like you are going to college all over again, T! That's a lot of stress on you. Do you get a chance to walk off some of it on the campus while waiting for Michael? Great topics you picked for the causal report. Michael is so blessed to have you and Tony for parents!

The only school project I have to worry about is helping Alyssa with her animal cell project for 6th grade science class. We are going to bake gingerbread and am hoping that I can get the "back wall of the dome" to stand up somehow. I'm going to ask at the cake decorating store. Also have to figure out how to make some kind of smooth glaze to pour over it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Geez, Maryann!  I knew Sharon was tied up with moving, and I figured Trixxee was tied up with Michael and school, but I could NEVER have imagined you were dealing with THIS!  With all you have on your plate, and now this?!?!?!  WOW!  I hope Ron’s sister is recovering with minimal damage.

Sharon, the venison was great tonight!  You would have loved it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thanks, Daphne. Diana is doing fine and is back home. She will be seeing a cardiologist regularly now who will be monitoring her. Unfortunately, going back home will not be helping her situation because she lives with my in-laws.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Well, the stress that situation will create definitely won’t help....been there, done that! Confused
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Geeze!  Maryann and Trixxee are certainly rockstars!   Last night was . . . Tortilla Soup that our new boss brought over for us!  OMG!  It was awesome . . . I need to pick her brain.  D@mn!  I'll start a thread for our move . . . !
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!