DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Last night was steak night.  Tonight I had family in town, so we met them at The Frying Pan for dinner. Thankfully, they have expanded their menu since we went right after they opened.  I had a grilled grouper plate with roasted potatoes and green beans.   It was very good.   We left there and went to a bar next door.  My cousin wanted to share a drink called the painkiller with his brother.  Ran in to a lot of old friends.  My cousins had a blast!  It was a great night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Impromptu nights are fun!! Painkiller, huh?? Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
SUNDAY'S DINNER - 8/20/17??

What's for dinner??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going to an international festival with some friends, so will eat there. Some of the local restaurants will be represented along with many food trucks. It's always a tough choice to pick.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
love the food trucks!! Have a great time. And, how did the cupcakes turn out???
www.achefsjourney.com
They turned out great!

I'm having trouble with photobucket so sent them in an email to you.
Maryann

O.k.
www.achefsjourney.com
Food trucks are the best!

Dinner is Chicken Satay w/ Peanut Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Pineapple Rice.
Well, our plans went out the window. Ron has been working on his truck this weekend, doing a job that he should have taken it in for instead of doing it himself. But, of course, he is stubborn like that and says it's no big deal and will be done in a couple of hours. Two days later and both sons-in-law involved in it, and they are still at it. They got the problem fixed and new parts purchased, but still have to put it all back together.

All that said.....I acquired a bunch of vegetables from Heather's garden, so made a big pot of this: http://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/0...inestrone/ for dinner, although I put pastini in it instead of rice. The article is interesting and this soup is meant to be eaten at room temperature, drizzled with a bit of good olive oil, a sprinkling of Parm, and some cracked pepper. Yum.
Maryann

What a shame, Maryann!  Your evening sounded so fun!  MEN!  But your dinner sounds yummy!  I may be tempted to try that one!  Room temp makes it a possibility here.  It is sooooo HOT her eyes!

We went out to meet with some cousins I haven't seen in a few years.  My grilled grouper was delicious!  Sorry about no pics!  Too many conversations to keep track of!

Tonight is supposed to be Shrimp Scampi, but William just ate a heavy snack, so that may change.  I'm prepping the shrimp now.  If we go with leftovers, at least they will be ready with no prep for tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.