DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Tuesday's Dinner, 7/18/17??

What's on the menu today?? 

I'm going to play with the Thai Swt. Chili dressing - marinate a few prawns in it and serve over coconut rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow, I think you just gave me dinner! Thanks, Jean! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh Jean that dressing sounds so good. Wondering if I could use PBfit instead of actual peanut butter? The plan is to concentrate on Thai & Middle Eastern for a while, I hope.  We are craving something different for a change.  My Thai basil is going great guns and the lemongrass is starting to really take off.  

So far dinners this week have been sketchy.  Sunday I got all the cube steaks cooked, and then we decided to eat leftover pizza.  Yesterday I had an appointment with my physical therapist, it was a looonnnngggg session.  Since we'd skipped lunch Bob suggested late lunch which morphed into early dinner.  Late yesterday afternoon the 48 hour cook on the smoked brisket was done, chilled and on ice with the cube steaks.  It looks like the rest of the week will be easy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Jean, we had a delicious dinner. I made the dressing you posted and we made some fun kebobs for the grill with shrimp, baby bells, red onion, and pineapple. Made a side of jasmine rice. Easy meal for a very warm day. Ron must have said at least 3 times what a tasty meal it was.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Gotta try that marinade!  It sounds so good!  And has a lot of my favs!

We finally took Tilley to a local dog park..it was the perfect choices!  One of the older dogs is a neighbor at our park.  So he is going to send her over when I take Tilley to our little park.

After that, we put her in her crate, and enjoyed Wine and Wings....and solidifying connections with a couple of customers.

Great day.....despite the rain!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by Gourmet_Mom (Gotta try that marin...)
Tonight is the brisket, corn on the cob (sous vide and frozen) and microwaved Cajun grilled onions.
We loved this dressing with the shrimp also!! I added a mango/apple salsa to zing it up a tad and it's a repeat, that's for sure. Smile

[Image: Jul%2018%20Thai%20Chili%20Shrimp_zpscq7u35xq.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 7/19/17??

What's for dinner today??

Not sure here yet. (no leftovers, darn it!)
www.achefsjourney.com
We had subs from our favorite sub place at about four today, so we're going to call that dinner.  Sadly, it rained right when we got out of the office, so no dog park today.  I'm about to take Tilley to our little park.  Hopefully, Rod will send over Kikki.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Costco run today and boy is  the freezer going to look good tomorrow. So, grabbed a 'something' for dinner - not a TV dinner, not frozen - don't know what to all it. A commercial dish?? Anyway, I've been so impressed with Rana products, I bought this one. Flavor was very nice but, sure was not sufficient sauce for it. I'll have to make a mushroom sauce tomorrow to add to the leftovers.  Probably wouldn't buy it again, only because of the lack of sauce.  Rana Grilled White Chicken & Portobello Mushroom Sauce Tagliatelle

[Image: Rana%20Pasta%20w%20Mushroom%20Sauce_zpsysvisjtp.jpg]

But, finally had the first grilled corn of the year!! So good!!!
[Image: jul%2019%20grilled%20corn_zpscwgkwzvl.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com