DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=small]Mo...)
Sharon, your dinners sound so creative!

Last night I did ribs old school on the grill with corn on the cob.

Tonight is steak night!  Beautiful rib eyes on sale for $7.97/lb.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner, 7/15/17??

What's for dinner today? 

No clue here....

I can't believe we still have not had corn on the cob this year!! I keep forgetting to put it on the list...better trek to the store myself and get it in my sight. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Busy day here. I think we will stop at one of our favorite sports bars on the way home tonight. They make fabulous gyros.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tony is finally home (for 2 nights and then back out again for 6 days).  We're just having ground beef tacos on flour tortillas.  My avocado finally ripened so I'll slice that up to top the tacos with (along with cheese and sour cream).
Oh piddle, now I have tacos in my mind! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I know what you mean and we just had them a few days ago! Sure glad I have a little bit l/o.
Maryann

Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 by Gourmet_Mom (Sharon, your dinners...)
Thank you Daphne - it devolved into a Mexican "lasagna" instead.    I have ribs in the freezer and corn on the cob - why do I never remember?  Ribs sound so good!  

Tonight it's just burgers on the grill.  We have a beautiful brisket in the smoker for Tuesday's dinner - 3 hrs on smoke and then into the "bucket" (sous vide) for 36 to 48 hours.
We had BBQ Chicken with a side of Three Bean Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner, 7/16/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I haven't gone out on the deck and just slowly grilled some chicken for so long, that's what I'm going to do - take my book and a glass of wine and just enjoy. Plus, a pasta salad of some sort and fruit.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have l/os from the tacos we had the other night, so thinking of doing a Mexican pizza and a side salad with shredded iceberg, pico, and guac.
Maryann