DINNER THREAD, 6/26/17 - 7/2/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 6/26/17 - 7/2/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Did not see the jello shots - sound cute. Nothing lethal like we make with Denise!! Smile

I think I've had watermelon martini...... ?

Here's one I have had and they're good.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Watermelon Daiquiri - Nobel Pig
2 cups chopped Watermelon plus more for garnish
6 Tablespoons Light Rum
1 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/4 cup Lime juice
1 teaspoon Lime zest

Directions
Puree 2 cups chopped watermelon and strain (I did this in my food processor). Mix watermelon juice with rum, sugar, lime juice and zest in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover and shake and strain into two small tumblers.
Garnish with watermelon slices.

Recipe from: Slightly adapted from Sunset Magazine | Serves: 2

Description:
"copied recipe Thursday, 6/7/12 and had them that afternoon."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
On. Vacation. Finally.  So, sous vide'd a ribeye, then  threw it on the grill with a very tired baked sweet potato and some very fresh summer squash. Delicious.   After 4 days, I'm finally beginning to decompress.  We will be moving out of our temporary quarters (I hate moving the kitchen) for the 6th and final time in mid August-our new kitchen has to be ready because the dining hall we're occupying has to resume business for the school year.  No one ever thought we would be this busy.  I need to slow down and do some cooking here at home but it's not working out, I have so many other thing s to catch up on (clean) (reorganize) and other  things I really want to do (sew), I guess I need to prioritize.  Tomorrow.  

I need to make a dress to wear to step daughter's wedding in 3 months.  I really should be thinking about that.  After the bridal shower, the grands' (my sister's, not mine Sad ) birthday parties in CT, the housewarming for son #2, the deployment party for son #5(not really mine, he just refers to himself that way and I love it:-) and yes, there is another who calls himself son #4 and he's not mine, either Big Grin )  and #2's birthday party in August and so on...Time for a glass of wine!  

For the first time ever,  I would like to spend a day in bed.  Maid included!
PJ
Fill a cocktail shaker with lots of ice - add 2 oz Watermelon Vodka and 2 oz Watermelon Pucker (the recipe also calls for 1/2 oz Midori (honeydew).  Shake until ice forms on the outside and pour into two Martini glasses.  I like to pour over more ice in a highball glass.  If you'd like a little less "whoa" alcohol kick you can add some 7up or seltzer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
PJ, sip your wine slowly and try to spend a few hours a day not thinking about all those overwhelming things.  I've had to remind myself of that daily.

As a matter of fact, we did just that this afternoon.  Took Tilley to the waterfront again....way too many people, so we left quickly.  Sat outside at Loco Jo's for Wing and Wine Night.  Decompressed and ready for tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Repeat after me, PJ..... to....mor....row...
Whew!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 6/28/17??

What's for dinner today??

For us, it is Michael's Dinner!! Smile  Looking forward to it.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks for the recipe, Sharon. Wink

PJ, so great to see you!

We may or may not be eating out tonight. It all depends on what time Ron gets home. On Wednesday nights in the summer, we like to go to free concerts outside the museums at University Circle. They are different each week and there are always food vendors from local restaurants set up. We like to get gyros from one of them.

If we don't go, I have ribs in the slow cooker to have instead. Ron will finish them off on the grill with some summer veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann we have ribs on the grill, too, but I hope you get to go out!  We've got corn on the cob to go with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
No, we did not go. I was tired from driving my dad around all day and Ron was tired from working. I had a late lunch out, so skipped dinner, but Ron enjoyed the ribs a lot. I made him some french fries on the side.

I had an interesting sandwich for lunch today that I would love to copy sometime. It was on a nice toasty sub roll, but not too bready and had layers of fried eggplant, artichokes, marinated red peppers, melted mozz and provolone and pesto on the roll. Wow.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Bob found a 4.3 lb choice Prime Rib roast in the 50% off bin so that went into the Anova bucket at 130 for 8 hours.  It's now on the grill with a horseradish herb crust on top.  Truffled mashed potatoes and Brussels Sprout will go along.  I'm drooling already.  We have a bottle of Cab from the Naked Wines club to go with. Tongue
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!