DINNER THREAD - 5/22/17 - 5/28/17

Monday's Dinner, 5/22/17??

What's for dinner today??

Have ribs that I dry rubbed yesterday, so will get them on in a minute.

------------
A little musings going on around here today and thought I'd share a few - the water pipe is being put in today (from house ---> new raised garden area) Roy's working his butt off. 

I put together another cookbook - a little one, last fall. I'm  just self-publishing it to offer it around this area for RV Sales/Repair places. 'On The Road....or at Home' and just sold the first one and they want more. Nothing big,  just keeping me off the streets. 

Lastly, wanted to share how I'm prepping the ribs I dry rubbed yesterday. Had a couple of containers in the freezer - 1-a pot roast jus and 1-Spicy peanut sauce. Combined the two and poured over the ribs before sticking in the oven for 4 hours @225°F. Just tasting the 'sauce' it was delicious, anxious to taste after cooking with the ribs.

My coffee's gone, so I'll go get something done. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/22/17 - 5/28/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Good luck with the book!

We are just having leftover chicken enchiladas.
Good luck, Jean!  The cookbook is so handy for shortcut ideas!

We are having ribs also.  After a night of multiple bathroom visits and a long day at work, I pulled some grilled ribs from the freezer and cooked some corn on the cob.  

Hoping for more sleep tonight.  I think Tilly got us up four times between 9 last night and 7:00 this morning.  She has an effective way of waking us up to go out....chewing on any part of our head she can reach.   Beats the alternatives, I guess.   Blush  Dodgy
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tuesday's Dinner, 5/23/17??

The ribs weren't ready for dinner last night, and we have lots of running around to do today, so won't get to them until tomorrow. Tongue  But, tasting the jus from roasting them, it is delicious with just a hint of the peanut sauce. Have no idea what/where we'll be eating today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I picked up a package of western style ribs that will go on the grill. Might have a side of brown rice and asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Chinese chicken salad.  I'm going to pick up some more of those chicken fingers from Raising Cains for it.  Boy are they good.
Wednesday's Dinner, 5/24/17??

No clue here yet!
www.achefsjourney.com
Pulled some meatloaf from the freezer.   Steamed broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes on the side.

On a side note, I got on the scale this morning and I've lost 18 pounds.  I cannot believe it.  And, I also do not see it.  My goal is to lose 2-3 more pounds in the next 3 weeks, basically timed for Michael's graduation.
You'll be the 'cougar' at Michael's graduation!!! Smile Smile Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Congratulations, Trixxee! That's fantastic! I'm sure you look great! I'm still only down 8 lbs. but I did switch to calorie counting vs. low carb, although I am still leaning toward little or no bread and pasta. I'm positive that if I got back on my walking program, that would help.

Dinner tonight...white chicken chili. I'm making the recipe that I posted because I already bought the stuff to make it. But, I'm also looking forward to making the recipe Jean posted as well, so maybe next week.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."