DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 by cjs (Monday's Dinner, 3/6...)
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/10/17??

What's on the menu for all?? 

Easy one here - my 2nd pkg. of fresh tortelloni with my last ( Sad  ) container of Bolognese sauce, garlic bread and a salad.

Have to share with you what we gave Tracie for her birthday - a 3-month offering of iGourmet's Charcuterie club. They send all kinds of salamis, cheeses, pates each month and her first one arrives today. I'm so excited for her....and, I so want to do this for us one of these days, also. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow, what a great gift, Jean!  She's going to feel so spoiled!  

Tracie, if you are on here today, hope you have a wonderful birthday!

We are going to have cod fillets that I got from Sam's Club. They are frozen, but thaw quickly. Now I just need to find a recipe to use them. So, I'm going to go look through the Cuisine library for a recipe. Thinking of making orzo with vegetables as a side, but it's not written in stone yet.

Jean, we like hotdogs/sausages, cheese and most wraps. I just couldn't quite wrap my mind around putting mashed potatoes on it, but it's probably good that way too. Well, now I'm going to HAVE TO TRY IT or wonder forever!!!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
"Well, now I'm going to HAVE TO TRY IT or wonder forever!!! "

yes, you do or yes, you will Smile Smile Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
William needed me for a job at the beach this afternoon, so we had lunch at his favorite seafood place. He had the small shrimp and I had clams.  We plant to pick up a steak and potato at the better grocery store on the way home, and I'm going to be bad and pay whatever it takes for some asparagus!

Happy Birthday, Tracie!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
(03-10-2017, 02:24 PM)cjs Wrote: "Well, now I'm going to HAVE TO TRY IT or wonder forever!!! "

yes, you do or yes, you will  Smile Smile Smile

I remember doing this another time when I decided to try your cottage cheese patty recipe and made it for the kiddos. We were all pleasantly surprised, so I'll trust you on this one. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I will remain in ignorance for a bit longer, thank you!  I'll let Maryann be the first Guinea pig.

I'm going to try a picture again, straight from my library.  I sure wish I could get it to work.

Now trying 

[Image: 10b739ea4b7797819b8c5c86a3c15637.jpg]

Photobucket.  When I said we were at the beach, I really meant it.  Zoom in and you will see the dunes and the ocean at the end of the street.  Almost 80 and a cool breeze.  Nice to be outside today!
Daphne
Wow! And, this is where your new little 'abode' is???

Go for it Maryann! Smile

I’m so impressed with the Rana Italian pasta products – had the 2nd pkg. today, Prosciutto & Cheese Tortilloni with Bolognese sauce and garlic bread…Pigged out, I’ll tell you. We also had another bottle of Collezione di Pailo Sangiovese (we had the first one with the other Rana pkg. of fresh pasta)
[Image: Mar%2010%20Prosciutto%20and%20Cheese%20T...ia8vqm.jpg][/img]
www.achefsjourney.com
I am finally making the butternut squash ravioli I bought a couple of weeks ago.  Will make some homemade alfredo sauce with basil and will steam/then finish on the grill a couple of mild italian sausages.

Poor Michael had a rough day with food.  Today was "Spirit Day" and the school had all sorts of food booths at lunch time.  Every booth he went to ran out of food when he was in line - chicken tenders, pizza, shaved ice.  He would up with cold french fries.  Fixed that right up directly after school with a corn dog, HOT french fries and a shake.  ;Wink He'll be starving again by 7:00 - plenty of fruit and snacks around here to fill him up.
Jean, I wish!  No, we were surveying a lot just to the left of where I took the picture.  And your pasta looks incredible!!!

You'll see where we are staying from a different angle when you see my email.  A lot of the sites are permanent, but we get quite a few come and go.  Some are the guys that work the outages regularly at the nuclear plant here.  Some of the permanent sites that have permanent residents,  and some leave their camper here year round and come for weeks, weekends, or seasonal.

Another type are the long term, but with future plans.  The newlyweds across the street are saving for a house.  The retired couple behind us are staying here while their house is being built near their daughter and grandkids that live here now.  Working as much as we do, we are still trying to figure it out.
Daphne
I'm so envious of your temporary 'transient' life, Daphne. We met so many interesting and varied folks during our year on the road. Six of them we are still friends with on f.b. and it's so fun to keep up with them all. it's amazing how quickly we bond in this type of life.

This is just in of how hard Daphne is working.....................
[Image: daphne%202_zpstdpuch3m.jpg]

Dodgy I'm so envious!! Wink
www.achefsjourney.com