Veal chops

So, I'm trying veal chops in the anova sous vide.  We'll see. It said salt and pepper both sides liberally and cook at F134 for 3 hours.  134 (!?!)  I wish the America's Test Kitchen would publish the process by which they arrived at that particular number.  Although, I must admit, sometimes when I'm reading an article and they devolve into all the variables they used to come up with a particular recipe, I say to myself "Come on, get on with it already."  This time, I would really like to know the process.
  Re: Veal chops by SallyH (So, I'm trying veal ...)
Not sure the number you're questioning, Sally. The average range for Sous Vide veal is 125 - 134 F. For 1 to 4 hours.

I would be comfortable with the 134F for the 3 hours your recipe calls for. But, probably would use 132F for 3 hours. Then, it's a little bit more forgiving to allow searing without over cooking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
So, how did those veal chops come out?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I did not see veal sous vide on Serious Eats, but Kenji did do a time comparison of temps for lamb chops. It might give you an idea of the difference 1 degree makes. Here's the link
I hope it turned out for you Sally!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well, you see, my ignorance is showing.  I've only used this thing a couple of times and I just thought the number 134 is unusual.  You have more experience, and apparently 134 is among the higher temperatures.  Live 'n learn!  They were great, btw.
They were wonderful.  But, the Rube Goldberg system I made to make sure the chops stayed submerged was rather comical.
Thanks.
I've had to go Rube Goldberg a few times, also, Sally. Best one for me is one or two teaspoon in the bottom of the bag.

Glad it worked for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Duh, that's a perfect solution.  I also used spoons through slots of a document clip.  But in the bag itself if a much better solution.