DINNER THREAD, 2/13/17 - 2/19/17

Monday's Dinner, 2/13/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Our Motley Crew is putting together a Cajun dinner tomorrow night, so I'm cooking like a fool today. Cajun Cake, Alligator Balls on a bed of Cajun rice and 3 different dipping sauces - not sure what they will be yet.

So, will grab something out of the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/13/17 - 2/19/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
We are having Roberto's Roast Sausage with Onions, Pepper & Potatoes.

Jean, it sounds like a fun evening with the Motley crew!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a fun party theme, Jean!  Can't wait to see the pictures!  Your contribution sounds wonderful!  You know how much I love gator!

Maryann, it has been a while since I made this, so it may go on the short list.  Peppers are SO expensive right now.  I almost chocked to pay $5 for two peppers this weekend for my stir fry!  AND THAT WAS ON SALE!!!!

We had a long full day.  I had planned Chicken Pot Pie, but dinner would have been way too late.  So William suggested we order pizza.  I didn't feel too guilty about it.  I think this is the first night I haven't cooked or at least served leftovers from home made in weeks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Dominos here!!! Couldn't get the oomph up to even heat soup, for God's sake. Tongue
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Daphne, that's strange how prices can be so different on peppers. I got gorgeous red peppers on sale for $1.69 lb. at the produce market and jalapenos for $1.99 lb. They were only a little bit more a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to see all that you cooked for tomorrow night, Jean! Have fun!
Maryann

Tuesday's Dinner, 2/14/17??

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone? What special dinners for today??

We went for a large Dominos last night so we'd have lunch done today - then off to our Cajun Dinner Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Our bizzarro weather took a warmer turn once again, so we are able to grill tonight. I had the butcher cut a nice thick porterhouse to put on the grill, with a baked potato and something green.

I was going to bake a cake for Ron (and to share) but he came home with a box of paczki last night! Yikes! Big Grin
Maryann

You sent me searching, Maryann - Good Lord, do these sound good!! Smile
"Pączki

"Pączki are pastries traditional to Polish cuisine. They are similar to doughnuts. Pączki are deep-fried pieces of dough shaped into flattened spheres and filled with confiture or other sweet filling."

What a wonderful evening we had - the crowd was especially raucous and out for a fun, food-filled night!! The alligator bites were a big hit & so tasty. (Now, down to one 1-lb. bag in the freezer) Sad Need to find a supplier in LA for more goodies.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 2/15/17??

What's on the menu for all today??

I'm up in the air what we'll do today.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm putting some western style ribs in the IP. Then, will take take out, get rid of all fat, and cut into chunks. Will add some bulgogi sauce and put back in the IP on "slow cooker" for a while to get the flavors all through it. Tonight, it will go over rice and will be served with snow pea shoots and leaves, which are absolutely delicious!

http://thewoksoflife.com/2013/06/stir-fr...th-garlic/
Maryann