Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 1/16/17 - 1/22/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Have fun MA!

Completely up in the air today, but yet I know what's in store for tomorrow.

Tony is going to Costco today so we'll see what he stumbles upon.  I'm in the mood for some grilled fresh fish since the sun is actually out.  Halibut and fresh steamed vegetables are calling my name.  Down 5 pounds this week, Tony down 7.
Good for you both!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, Penzeys has a jerk seasoning that I like
https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/j...p-195/pd-s

see if the ingredients are similar to what you need.  

We went to an impromptu cocktail party last evening and I expected to make our dinner afterward.  Alas, we stayed until 10:30, and ate nibbles all evening (yes, I had real crackers!  I was hungry!!!) so today it's back to our temporary diet plan and the catfish for dinner.  Smile
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Thanks Vicci - I should have thought of Penzey's over grocery store product, that's for sure. Will go there. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Turns out Tony is channeling Vicci, sort of.  LOL.

Tortilla crusted tilapia, roasted sweet potatoes, steamed zucchini and yellow squash.  Wink
Piddle, you and Vicci are both having catfish....my favorite all time fish???? darn. Cool I suppose Daphne will come back and say they are having it also. Tongue

Kind of a fusion dish I ended up with today - I grated some of my potatoes last fall and froze them. I fried up a few today and topped with a Jan. 5th dish I made of Chicken with Black Pepper sauce from the freezer. Man, was it tasty!!!!

[Image: Jan%2021%20Chicken%20w%20Blk.%20Pepper%2...pghdyp.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Yep, that sure does look tasty!

I had lunch downtown today with Diana. We went to a really good deli/bar next door to the theater. She had a gorgeous Rheuben and I had the special sandwich of the day which was a grill chicken chipotle wrap. House made wrap and hand cut fries. Wow.

"Into the Woods" was spectacular if you are into that sort of thing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sunday Dinner - 1/22/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I'm going to make Jamaican Chicken & Sweet Potato patties from the leftovers of testing the Rum. and, a green salad.
www.achefsjourney.com
Heather invited us to her house for Asian turkey that her husband will be cooking in their outdoor turkey cooker thingy. She didn't say what sides she is making, just that it will be a spectacular dinner. She doesn't want me to cook anything, so I will just take some wine.

Trixxee, I hope you will be able to check in today. Looks like a bad storm is moving into your area. Hunker down and stay safe!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks MA - yes, looks to be bad.  I'm getting all my chores that require electricity done this morning, just in case.  Told Michael to get his Spanish homework done early too.  I think around noon it's supposed to start and then pour for hours.  We already have had two windows leak this week - a picture window but the HOA sent out the resident handy man to silicone around the frame and that seems to have done the trick - thank god.  And with the last storm our master window track couldn't drain fast enough so I've got towels ready to go to sop up that mess as it happens.  For the last week I've been constantly checking windows and sills for problems.  Wink

Phew, with all that said Tony is making ham and navy bean soup, I'm baking a cranberry corn bread mix I picked up at the Honey Baked Ham store.