Dinner Thread - 12/26/16 -- 1/1/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 12/26/16 -- 1/1/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=large]Di...)
"Caserecci" Looked at this and I have the same thing only different spelling/name

On the label in large letters is -
'Collezione'
and below it is -
'casarecce'

But, they look the same as what you have. We love the shape.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Clam Linguine with Brussels sprouts and Garlic bread – plain comfort food.
[Image: dec%2029%20008_zpswzwrrjsn.jpg]

Ran across a this recipe for Peanut Butter Bread the other day and I could just smell what it would be like toasted….made a batch today and my goodness, the house smelled so good! After a ‘taste’ test  Rolleyes tomorrow’s breakfast will certainly be a slice toasted with cream cheese.
[Image: Dec%2029%20PeanutButter%20Bread_zpsmdtiqevx.jpg] 
BREAD - Peanut Butter Bread Recipe
Whisk:
2 cups flour
1 Tbs baking powder
------
Mix:
1/4 cup butter, soft
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I like chunky)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk

1. Stir in flour mix just to incorporate. Spray loaf pan. Bake 350 oven 50 minutes. (Note: mine took 70 minutes at 350° to be done)
Nancy's Kitchen newsletter
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That's odd...the picture doesn't show up for me.  But the description is a pasta I recognize.
Maryann, I'd love to see your method for your sauce for the instant pot.  Yes!  I now get to play!

Tonight is leftovers.  

I had planned to play with my new pot making my country fried steak, but I got home too late.  And I'd love to know if any of you have used the searing feature.  I only fry the floured meat long enough to give it a crust.  Then it gets removed to make gravy.  Finally, I add the meat back in and simmer until tender. Advice?  Or should I move this question to the instant pot thread?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Maryann and Alina have the most experience with the I.P. I haven't much time to play with it.

Why don't you add the Question to that thread so we'll have it all together.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, your dinner looks so pretty and appetizing!

Daphne, I'll put the recipe for sauce on the IP thread. As for browning in the IP, I have done it and it's fine for browning up stew meat, ground beef, or something that you just want to get started for a soup, stew, chili, or a casserole. But for country fried steak there is nothing like a well seasoned cast iron skillet. I think that you get a better crust when you use a pan that isn't too deep because the moisture can escape.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks Maryann. Now I have leftovers for a frittata. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/30/16??

What's on the menu for today??

I had a can of Mandarin oranges left from Maryann's fruit salad, so I think we'll have a Chinese Chicken salad today and use them up.

It's hard to stay out of the peanut butter  bread - even had a slice for dessert last night.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm having a hard time with that one, Jean. I love peanut butter, but I want it on top of my bread, not in it. Big Grin

I think we are going to have some kind of fish/seafood tonight. Have to see what looks good when I get to the store.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Had  no problem not having the p.butter on top this a.m. It was delicious! Smile

[Image: dec202920002_zpsx4gjoujq.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Rotissieried boneless leg of lamb, roasted carrots/fennel/potatoes/red onion wedges and tzatziki sauce.