Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
CA is making the Korean beef again, but this time she's serving it with Chinese pan fried noodles.
Jean, they are worth the risk!

Too much wine!  So I'll post dinner last night now.  LOL!

I have been wanting to try Brian's Shrimp and Grits for a while, but I'm such a snob, I didn't have faith.  Well, last night, we ordered a split of this favorite.  We shared a side salad, no picture.  The Shrimp and Grits were AWESOME!  So creamy and cheesy!  Finally found a place that makes it better than me!  And the portion was HUGE!  I couldn't even finish HALF!

I have also wanted to try the Crispy Duck, but William thought it was just too expensive.  The people sitting next to us ordered it, so we got a chance to check it out.  That's what we are having next week!

Shoot!  Pictures are not working again.  Off to load them on photo bucket. ARRRGGGG!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Guess I'm the last one to make this dish - anxious

"she's serving it with Chinese pan fried noodles." - hmm, now decisions. But, even making a half recipe, I'll probably have leftovers to play with different goodies. :Smile 

I haven't made Shrimp & Grits since making them when Billy J and Tracie were with us....too darn long.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I sampled a pre-cooked entree at Trader Joe's last week - braised roast beef in gravy.  Don't judge.  Wink.  Mashed potatoes and roasted carrots on the side.
No way - we all take the easy way now and then. Keeps us sane. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
The Korean Beef & Rice dish -
Wow, what great flavors coming from such a few ingredients!! We really enjoyed this dish and have leftovers to repeat using the l/os as a topping for Ming Tsi’s stir-fried bean sprouts – giving the dish a little crunchiness to go with the great flavors. A repeat around here, for sure!! I didn’t have gr. onions, so caramelized some shallots for a garnish.

[Image: Nov%2019%20Korean%20Beef%20amp%20Rice%20...vbavag.jpg][/img]

P.S. Came back to add - I've been having stomach problems so have cut back on the heat in dishes (which I so friggin' hate to do!! Sad  but what is a person to do) - I used 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes and it was very nice.  

www.achefsjourney.com
That looks so nice, Jean. I'm glad you liked it as much as the rest of us. It really lends itself to a number of variations as well.

I made 3 casseroles of stuffed cabbage rolls today to share with our parents. Of course, Ron has to have mashed potatoes to go with as if it's not already heavy enough! Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Trixxee, I'd be the last to judge.  I don't think I've really cooked in over two weeks!   Blush

Jean, that looks so good.  I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like I may be getting back into cooking soon.   Angel

Sorry, I got sidetracked camper shopping.  Here's the pictures from last night.  

Shrimp and Grits

[Image: afc47a4160ea77ab1d45b2c7be43802f.jpg]

Crispy Duck we are going to try next time.

[Image: 6205ce41c249fe23785efdd8f8166d0a.jpg]

Tonight is grilled fillets and baked potato.  Long day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner - 11/20/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

Leftover Korean Beef & Rice and I'm going to put it over another batch of Ming Tsi's Stir-fried bean sprouts. Think the crunchiness will go well with the beef. 
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, it sure does sound good!

Not sure about dinner tonight. I made cabbage rolls yesterday so we might have those.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."