Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Wednesday's Dinner - 11/16/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I've often heard it ain't nice to confuse olderly people... and it's true. With all these leftovers in the house, I'm having a hard time choosing and keeping track. I made a new pizza dough the other day and I can't even work it in to try it out!!

Not sure yet what will be chosen for today!! At least no leftovers from the bar last night - the compressor  went out in the storage area and all they had were un-refrigable snacks. :Smile But, plenty of booze.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It's a dreary, soup kind of day today. So, I'm thinking of making Chicken Pho from the stock that I put in the freezer the other day. But, it's early, so that's subject to change. Wink

Jean, thank you for the recipe! Isn't it interesting that you put mustard on the burger, then flip to put cheese on the other side? I never would have thought of that but sometimes it is done with other meats, so why not? We will be trying this for sure since it's the only way to get some idea of what the famous In-n-Out burger tastes like.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm anxious to try it also.

So, finally decided for today - Jammed up Pork Chops (from one of my books, but can't remember which one..... duh) and cabbage gratin
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Trying something new tonight, served over angel hair pasta.

http://littlespicejar.com/one-skillet-ch...eam-sauce/
Oh, that looks like a keeper. Please let us know, Trixxee.

Dinner menu changed here to the Korean Beef and Rice dish that seemed to be rather popular last week. The sauce sure is tasty!
Maryann

Oh, those flavors are right up my alley! Copied and save, Trixxee.

Two dishes I don't know why I don't do more often - the Jammed Up Pork Chops and Cabbage Gratin - the Gratin I made for Roy's b'day dinner  2013 and 3 years is really ridiculous spacing between making it.

[Image: nov%2016%20001_zpsxuscuiez.jpg][/img]

[Image: nov%2016%20004_zpsgjixv5q9.jpg][/img]

Especially the cabbage dish - must make it more often....now to figure out what to do with the leftover and I only made 1/2X the recipe. Tongue
www.achefsjourney.com
Looks yummy, Jean!

I need to check that out, Trixxee!

William chose to stay tonight so we could work late.  This sent me to Walmart for essentials.  I guess I need to pack a bag and put in the van for unscheduled sleepovers.  We have a preferred builder doing a HUGE gas station/convenience store close by.  He has us on retainer, so when he calls, we stop, drop, and run.  The guys ran out there this afternoon and worked until it was too dark to see.  Papa John's was pretty good.  Blush
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner - 11/17/16??

What's on the menu for today??

We're having pizza using a new crust recipe. Fingers crossed. Not sure on the toppings yet. 
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm looking forward to hearing about that new pizza crust recipe.

Ron picked up some "grillin' chops" from the meat store, so they will soak in a brine for a few hours, then go on the grill. Something green on the side. I have to go produce shopping so that will be determined later.
Maryann

Looks great Jean!  About the chicken recipe - it was great, but if you want enough sauce to top pasta, rice, couscous, etc. with I would double it.  It reduces down pretty fast and I would have liked more sauce because it was so delicious.  I used fresh basil for the garnish.

Tonight it's a lasagna soup, but not C@H's.  Trying this one.

http://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/lasagna-soup/