Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm repeating the cherry tomato pizza today - it was so darn good yesterday!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
CA is making Maryann's review dinner.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by losblanos1 (CA is making Maryann...)
Have to get this on 'the' list
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by cjs (Have to get this on ...)
Same here! I'm hoping next week will see us closer to being caught up. But this weekend has me working on my ongoing education in mapping. So dinner is simple...steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Same here! I'm hopi...)
Hmmm, decisions....the review dinner sounds so good, but I don't have the filets yet and want to go to the meat store for those. So, might be Jean's new pizza recipe which is really calling my name.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by Mare749 (Hmmm, decisions....t...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Steak night here as well. Baked potatoes and a medley of steamed or roasted vegetables.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by Trixxee (Steak night here as ...)
Well I like to plan Saturday's and Sunday's dinners by Wednesday. Since I got the new issue, I showed Hubby the Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Sauce and he agreed to it. What surprised me is that he also agreed to the Cauliflower Rice for a side! I just prepped for the pork - about 45 minutes - and luckily Wegmans had cauliflower rice for sale so I didn't have to disturb and dirty Bubba, my mega food processor.

So, we'll see. Lucky I read through the recipe twice. I mistook 1 1/2 cup of apple cider for apple cider vinegar. Whew! That would've sucked!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by BarbaraS (Well I like to plan ...)
Poor ole eye seein' things that aren't there.....

Well the cherry tomato pizza was as good today as yesterday!!!

[Image: aug202720003_zpssxoldczr.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/27/16?? by cjs (Poor ole eye seein' ...)
I decided Ashley's dinner was more exciting than mine. So I thought I'd share hers.

They fixed a pound of fresh shrimp for appetizers.

[Image: bf1664366f2d2d75932fedf3e9c6c02c.jpg]

Then Ashley made up crab cakes from the Old Bay website. She said they turned out great! Not a lot of filler.

[Image: 117f2219d7053f685bb23517319743cd.jpg]

And here are the steaks ready for the grill. Jason's steak weighed about a pound and a half! It staggers me how much Jason can eat! He's a big guy, but not fat. I guess working in construction builds a healthy appetite! LOL!

[Image: e92e320a05733113f96873add51e4902.jpg]

Jason's plate...he usually insists on salad with dinner, but it's not shown here.

[Image: 71fb94de8a9d5e812da6fcbdd91eb052.jpg]

Ashley shared his plate after he finished, and it was clean with very little scrap left! LOL!

While I'm at it, I thought I'd share Jason's project he finished today using scrap oak wood. I think he did a great job! Now to get him to make me one!

[Image: 119db0b039230069a5b386eaac1d4ff6.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.