Garnishing Dishes
  Re: (...)
This was such a fun semester in school! I looked thru my log for a good diagram for making Crookneck geese and I can't find it, so this will have to suffice - hope you can make heads or tails of it.

Also, saw these pictures going thru the book and these were fun, also.
Pineapple Goose
[Image: jul%2020%20001_zpsjon94hec.jpg]

Watermelon Carving
[Image: jul%2020%20002_zpsb5mnbih9.jpg]

How to – Crookneck Goose
[Image: jul202020003_zpsnfprdbl9.jpg]

I think I forgot to write on the paper the hat is made of a salami slice.

[Image: 634fd284-7942-488b-a900-4fe0c568322a_zpsvltf1gu5.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Garnishing Dishes by cjs (This was such a fun ...)
Thank you! That looks easy enough. Katie is going to be all over this one.

A few questions: Do you need a second squash on hand to cut the wings, or are they cut out of the same piece? Do you break toothpicks in half to attach the pieces? What about the hat? Is there a pick holding that on?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Garnishing Dishes by Mare749 (Thank you! That look...)
No second squash - the wings are cut out of the sides just thick enough for a pick (break picks so smaller lengths to hold things together)

Sometimes the hat will stay on just from the stickiness of the salami, but when the slices are too thick (as mine were) I needed to help with a pick. Same with the beak - a short pick stuck in both.

You know where these really look good ( and I know I have pictures somewhere!!!) For parties where there were going to be a lot of children, I topped potato salad with a winding road of chopped crispy bacon and put the goose at the start of the path. Shrubs were green onion flowers - I'll see if I can find any of the pictures. The kids loved it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garnishing Dishes by cjs (No second squash - t...)
I would love to see them! What a fun idea. Katie and Abby love to make their dishes look pretty, so this is something I'll have to look into further because I know they would really enjoy it.
Maryann

Re: Re: Garnishing Dishes by Mare749 (I would love to see ...)
Maryann, I'm going to send you some of my garnishing books for them. You know I'm stillTRYING to downsize!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Garnishing Dishes by cjs (Maryann, I'm going t...)
I can't wait! Thank you!
Maryann

Re: Re: Garnishing Dishes by Mare749 (I can't wait! Thank ...)
What cute ideas, Jean! Maryann, I can't wait to see what you and the girls make!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.